Baby's Firsts

From their first smiles to their first steps, we're here to celebrate all of your little one's milestones.

How are you taking care of your baby’s first tooth? And/or how do you plan to?

Posted by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 11:15 AM
  • 191 Replies
  • 7023 Total Views

~CafeMom Team

by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 11:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
flcowgrl23
by New Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 11:15 AM
For dental care we start at birth. Wiping down gums before bed with a damp cloth to remove milk, then while teething brushing gums with a baby brush and wiping down gums at night. Once the teeth pop in we'll start brushing!
RADmomma
We wipe her gums with a clean wet wash cloth twice a day while big sister brushes her teeth. We will get her a tooth brush soon!!
Beenhereforever
First tooth is in! Second one is on its way. I plan on taking a wash cloth and gently washing her gums and teeth ( tooth). She likes that. I will be scheduling her first dentist appointment soon. That should be fun!
xixCandyxix

Since he is over a year old I help him to brush his teeth.

Mom2Just1
Wipe gums, tooth brush for first tooth, and just checking his mouth everyday. He is breastfeeding and we are not too worried.
AspensMama1537
Once my kids get their first tooth we start with a little tooth brush to get them used to the idea of brushing. We take them to the dentist around age one, and continue to take them 2 times a year.
Bigmetalchicken

Our little girl is up to six teeth now, and we take care of them by cleaning them twice a day with a soft cloth, and making sure she gets plenty of healthy things to eat.  

PhoenixsMommy10
We got an infant toothbrush (the rubber kind that goes over your finger).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Peachy34500
I bought a toothbrush but have yet to use it! I do wipe down his 2 teeth with a washcloth .. we now have a 3rd cutting thru so we will definitely start brushing sooner then later!
lulu_tattoos
2 moms liked this
Baby's first two teeth just broke through the gums this past week and aren't very visible yet. He's also strictly breastfed so there's no real need to care for them/ clean them yet. When he starts eating solid foods we'll definitely be cleaning them with at least water. I don't like the idea of using those toothpastes on them, so I'll probably do my research and figure out a more natural and less toxic/harmful method of cleaning them.
I know when my oldest son was first getting teeth I let him play with the toothbrush a little and then I used it on his teeth. It helped get him to cooperate with my efforts.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement