Baby's Firsts

From their first smiles to their first steps, we're here to celebrate all of your little one's milestones.

7/15/2013 National Gummy Worm Day

Posted by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 10:25 AM
  • 14 Replies
  • 189 Total Views

Month:

• National Blueberry Month
  • National Anti-Boredom Month
  • Unlucky Month for weddings
  • National Cell Phone Courtesy Month
  • National Hot Dog Month
  • National Ice Cream Month
July 15, 2013 is

National Gummi Worm Day

It’s National Gummi Worm Day! These yummy candies were created by the German company Trolli in 1981.

Did you know that gummi worms were not the first “gummis” made? That’s right—another familiar candy, the gummi bear, was invented about 60 years before the worm. This first gummi was created by Hans Riegel, the founder of Haribo. It was named because of its rubber-like texture. In fact, "gummi" means “rubber” in German.

These creepy, crawly treats now exist in a variety of flavors. Sweet or sour, red or green, the choice is yours! Grab a bag of your favorite gummi worms and celebrate National Gummi Worm Day!

• Today is also National Tapioca Pudding Day
  • July is National Grilling Month & National Ice Cream Month & National Vacation Rental Month
  • This week is National Zoo Keeper Week

by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 10:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dibsy
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 10:36 AM
2 moms liked this
I love gummi worms! When I was little I collected a whole family of them- I'd stretch them out different lengths and had a Daddy and mommy and a bunch of babies, and my aunt (pregnant at the time) ate the daddy. I was crushed. She told me we could make another one and I cried and cried and said you can't just replace a daddy like that!!! Haha I was a tad melodramatic...
Dibsy
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 10:37 AM
1 mom liked this
Also, funny it's national anti boredom month because I've been on a roll the past two weeks and haven't been bored once. And gross, tapioca pudding shouldn't have a day. Banana pudding maybe, chocolate pudding definitely. But tapioca I think not!!!
othermom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 10:42 AM
1 mom liked this

I love gummy worms

TigerofMu
by Sonja on Jul. 15, 2013 at 10:44 AM

That's an awesome story!

Quoting Dibsy:

I love gummi worms! When I was little I collected a whole family of them- I'd stretch them out different lengths and had a Daddy and mommy and a bunch of babies, and my aunt (pregnant at the time) ate the daddy. I was crushed. She told me we could make another one and I cried and cried and said you can't just replace a daddy like that!!! Haha I was a tad melodramatic...

k9l1c5
by Bronze Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 12:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Haha, awesome! Might make some dirt pudding :).

MomToovey
by Marianne - Owner on Jul. 15, 2013 at 2:35 PM

Not a big gummy worm fan, but I already had a hot dog today and will likely have ice cream tonight! :)

Why is July and unlucky month for weddings?

sara_7106
by Bronze Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 9:55 PM
1 mom liked this
Fun
SweetLuci
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 10:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Not a gummy worm fan, so I think I'll find a Zoo keeper and see if he wants to share a hotdog and a blueberry sundae. lol

TigerofMu
by Sonja on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:14 AM

rolling on floor

Quoting SweetLuci:

Not a gummy worm fan, so I think I'll find a Zoo keeper and see if he wants to share a hotdog and a blueberry sundae. lol

chrissydan
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 11:08 PM
1 mom liked this
Love sour gummys
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement