Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Almost a year later.

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:07 AM
  • 6 Replies
  • 166 Total Views

Poll

Question: Boy or Girl?

Options:

Boy

Girl

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 6

View Results

I had my son on September 20th, 2012. It's hard imagine a year has gone by so fast! As the year is almost up, I look back at some of the accomplishments he's made, and all the times he's screamed and threw a fit. The happy and worrisome times. I wrote this column for you new future mothers.

First greatest thing I have ever learned before I had my son, is to not raise a child by what a book says. You are the mother, you know best what your child's needs are or will be. If you go by what the book says it will stress you out trying to make sure they stay up to standards that an average baby should be at. Babies grow at their own rate, as long as the doctor says they are healthy...That's all that matters.

By not living by the book you will better understand your childs wants and needs. You will get the grasp of raising a kid, as they get older. I wish you new mother's the best in life, and always treasure your angels.

by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:07 AM
The other thing is that there is no one definitive "book" to go by. I think most of us truly love our children and do the best that we can for them. As long as we keep growing and learning, and focus on our individual children and their needs, I think most of our kids will be ok.

Happy almost birthday to your LO!
wandep
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:23 AM

Happy early birthday to your son. My son's birthday is in September but he will be 10. 

louannwilkins
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:39 PM

Well said.   :)

chrissydan
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:07 PM
I agree. I gave birth to a girl September 12 2012
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momofsixangels
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 9:17 AM

I had a girl in sept of 2000

momofsixangels
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 9:17 AM

My grandson will be 1 in sept

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)