Baby's Firsts

From their first smiles to their first steps, we're here to celebrate all of your little one's milestones.

The Best Apps for New Babies

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 40 Replies
  • 47243 Total Views
1 mom liked this

In general, I prefer to give advice rather than ask for it, but today I need your help, o wise CafeMom members. If you have a baby and a smartphone, you're just the person I'm looking for.

A few of my friends are having their first babies this year, and although I'm full of information on things like gear and clothes and how to sleep with your eyes open, I'm no help at all when it comes to smartphone apps, particularly those designed to make bringing home baby a little more user friendly. Seriously, the most I know is that you can nurse a baby with one hand and play Candy Crush with the other. I'd hardly call that "better living through technology."

As someone who spends a lot of time online and on social media, I'm a late-bloomer and slow learner when it comes to smartphones, so I'm hoping you can help me help my friends (and each other!) by sharing your favorite new-baby apps. I've heard of parents using apps to track everything from naptimes to milk intake to dirty diapers, and I also imagine there are a ton of fun programs for capturing and sharing photos and video.  

Share time! Did you use any apps with your new baby?

Photo © iStockphoto.com/AntonioGuillem

by on Aug. 12, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rsjmom2012
by New Member on Aug. 12, 2013 at 11:41 PM
I have my baby today from babycenter and gerber apps which helps u keep track as time goes on
ZavyMom
by New Member on Aug. 12, 2013 at 11:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Baby tv is an amazing Ap! When my baby get fussy in the car, I pull out my iPad and play the baby tv AP

RobynS
by on Aug. 13, 2013 at 8:56 AM

No, and I still don't use any apps. I don't have a smartphone! ;) But, IMO, babies don't need apps.

copperswifey
by Member on Aug. 13, 2013 at 9:16 AM

we didn't have the smart phones when my kids were babies. If I had it then I would have used apps for them. :)

alliesmom112
by Member on Aug. 13, 2013 at 10:33 AM

I don't know any apps for newborns. I used mine to read when my dd was a baby. As se got older we downloaded some Fisher Proce apps to work on letter, number, and color recognition.  

TerriC
by on Aug. 13, 2013 at 10:41 AM

I wish there were apps when mine were babies, would have made life easier.  LOL

sukainah
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2013 at 10:42 AM

I don't have a smartphone, but I hope you get some good advice.  I used Cafemom on the laptop with my kiddos.

Madelaine
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2013 at 10:43 AM

Great apps!

Madelaine
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2013 at 10:43 AM
1 mom liked this

Agreed!

Quoting TerriC:

I wish there were apps when mine were babies, would have made life easier.  LOL

lalasmama2007
by on Aug. 13, 2013 at 11:41 AM

Nope

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement