Baby's Firsts

From their first smiles to their first steps, we're here to celebrate all of your little one's milestones.

That Crabby Baby Makes You Jump! Jump!

Posted by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 28 Replies
  • 34218 Total Views

There are three kinds of babies:  Ones that go with the flow (the "easy" baby), ones that sometimes go with the flow (the "50/50" baby) and ones that never, under any circumstances, EVER, go with the gosh darn flow (the "OMG help me, this baby is HARD!" baby). I've had two of these babies. The first and the latter. I'm not here to talk about the "easy" baby. I want to discuss the "OMG this baby is HARD" baby. 

For me, thankfully, it was my first baby and I didn't know any different.  But I DO remember all of the gifts I received for my baby shower and how excited I was to use them and how cute they were and all that. THEN my little guy arrived and hated about 90% of the cutest baby gear gifted to him.

Swing?  Nope.

Play yard? Nope.

Floor gym? LOL!

Bouncer?  Maaaaybe.

High chair? Occassionally...if he was really hungry.

Excersaucer? Yeah, um...no.

You get the point. But there was one thing that always worked.  ALWAYS.

Our Johnny Jump Up.  Oh man, we had a gross motor genius on our hands and this jumper made ALL of the difference. Suddenly, when my baby was 5.75 months old, I could do a sink full of dishes with no problem. I could vacuum the floor. I could...wait for it...I could go to the bathroom ALL BY MYSELF. All because of the heavenly creation that is the Johnny Jump Up.  Hallelujah!

Now, I know that most babes are not yet ready at almost six months like my ninja baby was but as soon as baby has really good core, head and neck control, the jump up is a great addition to the entertainment of your little one! I could preach all day long about this.  Especially for those babes that fall into the "active baby" category.

Can I get an, "Amen!"?

Did you have a Johnny Jump Up? Did you love it?  If not, was there an item that instantly soothed your baby or made them happy? What was it? Links welcome!

Image © iStock/ alicat

by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EthansMomma2010
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 1:17 AM
2 moms liked this
We had a jumperoo and he started using it at 3 months old. I put a pillow under his feet. Lol. Ironically though now he has awful motor skills. I've heard of this being a problem for kids who use it too much but I just wanted a damn break
TheJerseyGirl
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 7:02 AM
1 mom liked this

We had one of those!

momofsixangels
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 10:36 AM
1 mom liked this

I never had one.My kids probably wouldnt have liked having to stay in one spot

Vertical15
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 1:51 PM
1 mom liked this

I never had one of those.  Baby wearing worked great for my babies!

I had one like this-

TheFamilyPants
by CafeMom Blogger on Aug. 22, 2013 at 7:26 AM

Hey that's the Ergo I have!  I love it. I wish it would have worked for my son. But his sensory issues seemed to have put the breaks on wearing him more than occassionally. He still doesn't like to be held very tight. Thankfully my next baby loved being worn and I wore her all over the place to make up for it. lol Some babies though, they just don't get comfort from it. That was my first ;) 

Quoting Vertical15:

I never had one of those.  Baby wearing worked great for my babies!

I had one like this-

johnny4ever
Happy 11th Birthday Daniel!!!
Yesterday at 7:30 AM
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 8:01 AM
1 mom liked this

Excersaucer

mrswillie
by Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 8:13 AM
I never had one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bmat
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 8:21 AM

The only thing that soothed my baby was holding and walking.

Bmat
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 8:29 AM

Riding in the car helped the older child, but the younger hated it.

jessicasmom1
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 9:05 AM

Yes Johnny Jump up ... she loved that !! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement