Baby's Firsts

From their first smiles to their first steps, we're here to celebrate all of your little one's milestones.

this can't be normal

Posted by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 8:50 AM
  • 127 Replies
  • 14944 Total Views
2 moms liked this
My 12m old is out of control when it comes to sleep. She fights it to the death. Last night stayed up until 10 SCREAMING for about an hour . I try every thing to get her to sleep. , fe ed ing, rocking, putting in bed and walkinh awsy, wearing her. She JUST screams and cries. We have a bed time routine and she USED to be amazing its been like this for months. She does the same witj naps and once she's asleep she wakes up constantly. Like every hour it seems. I feel like I have a new born again! !!! She also wakes up for good at the crack of dawn. . Like 5am after going to bed at 10. Please help me , I'm so frustrated and lost. I have no idea what to do and I just want to cry I'm so tired all the time and so is my poor baby. This can't be normal! !!
by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 8:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KelliansMom
by Darbie - Head Admin on Aug. 29, 2013 at 9:28 AM
3 moms liked this
She could be overly tired , what time do you start bedtime stuff?
Graceplustwo
by Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 10:17 AM
8 I try to get her to bed by 9 at lastest

Quoting KelliansMom:

KelliansMom
by Darbie - Head Admin on Aug. 29, 2013 at 10:19 AM
2 moms liked this
I would try starting bedtime earlier before she gets really tired. My son would fight bedtime if it was at eight and would wake up early the later he would go to sleep but if we got him in bed by seven no fighting and he would sleep till seven

Quoting Graceplustwo:

Quoting KelliansMom:

Graceplustwo
by Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 10:21 AM
Thank you for the idea. I will try that

Quoting KelliansMom:

I would try starting bedtime earlier before she gets really tired. My son would fight bedtime if it was at eight and would wake up early the later he would go to sleep but if we got him in bed by seven no fighting and he would sleep till seven

Quoting Graceplustwo:

Quoting KelliansMom:

cabrandy03
by Brandy - Admin on Aug. 29, 2013 at 11:50 AM

I agree with trying to get her to bed a little earlier in the evening, it may just be that she's over tired.  Do you think there's any chance she's having night terrors or something?  That's the only other reason I can think of that would make her fight sleep so much....

EthansMomma2010
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 1:01 AM
1 mom liked this

i agree with earlier bedtime. could she be haivng some kind of sleep seizure? i know that's a scary option and i hate to throw it out here, but all of us at some point jump awake once in awhile, but she might be doing it a lot an that might be causing her problems.

Tckosdk.2012
by Bronze Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 10:41 AM
4 moms liked this

I think it's the age. My dd is also one & we are having a hard time too. She used to sleep really well then it seems like the minute she started hitting big milestones like crawling & walking it all stopped. She's also teething like crazy. Hang in there momma, there has to be an end to this.

childofgod04
by Bronze Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 10:55 AM
I would definitely try an earlier bedtime. My son was the same way and we found out it was because he was overtired. He's 14 months now and goes to bed at 7 with no or very little problems.
kryysteez
by Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 2:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Did it start after a round of vaccines?  Vaccines have been known to cause sleep issues and behavior problems.  They disrupt the immune system and make children uncomfortable.  Her system is probably loaded with the toxic ingredients in vaccines.  Ask a Homeopathic doctor how you can give her a cleanse, or ask his advice.  If you ask your regular pediatrician, he will put her on meds, or, tell you its normal.  Good luck

Graceplustwo
by Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 2:41 PM
1 mom liked this
No we don't vax. :)

Quoting kryysteez:

Did it start after a round of vaccines?  Vaccines have been known to cause sleep issues and behavior problems.  They disrupt the immune system and make children uncomfortable.  Her system is probably loaded with the toxic ingredients in vaccines.  Ask a Homeopathic doctor how you can give her a cleanse, or ask his advice.  If you ask your regular pediatrician, he will put her on meds, or, tell you its normal.  Good luck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN