Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

lettin him "cry it out"

Posted by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 5:11 PM
  • 12 Replies
  • 1527 Total Views
my son is almost 4 months amd wen he cries...i console him...i like for him to feel loved and secure...my in laws on the other hand feels i should let him cry it out sometimes...ID NEVER DO THAT...myvson is way too young to understand why i would lettin him cry and he cries for reasons...he wanna be held, dirty diaper, hungry, sleepy....wat do u guys do??? pick ur baby up or let them cry??
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 5:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KelliansMom
by Darbie - Head Admin on Sep. 8, 2013 at 5:14 PM
1 mom liked this
Pick him up. You CANNOT spoil a baby. Look up the fourth trimester :) he needs you near and his only eat of communicating with you is through crying.
GypsiSky
by Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 5:41 PM

I agree! I do not advocate CIO. For me personally, it seems so cruel and pointless.

Quoting KelliansMom:

Pick him up. You CANNOT spoil a baby. Look up the fourth trimester :) he needs you near and his only eat of communicating with you is through crying.

michiganmom116
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 6:22 PM

He's way too young to be CIO.  He has needs and they need to be met. 

TigerofMu
by Sonja on Sep. 9, 2013 at 10:32 AM

I tried taking that advice and letting her "cry it out" a few times, but I just couldn't do it.  I couldn't stick with it.  Plus, I felt bad for our neighbors.  We lived in a townhouse, and I know the walls weren't that thick!

jobberwocky
by Chrissy - Admin on Sep. 9, 2013 at 11:03 AM

Pick him up!! I'm not a fan of crying it out for babies! 

louannwilkins
by Bronze Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 11:24 AM

Oh gosh....I tried it with my son because the dr just kept on and on about how I needed to do this.  My dh agreed.  Well, I tried it and I cried and cried and then went and picked up my baby.  I told my dh if he didn't like it to get his crap together and go live with the dr.  lol  It tore my nerves up!!!  lol  

MomToovey
by Marianne - Owner on Sep. 14, 2013 at 5:09 PM

You are right. Crying is your son's way of communicating with you. Ignoring those cries is teaching him he's not being heard.

aneela
by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 12:35 PM

i agree he is to young

Sisteract
by Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 1:07 PM

I never did CIO

momofsixangels
by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 1:49 PM

I always picked mine up

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN