Baby's Firsts

From their first smiles to their first steps, we're here to celebrate all of your little one's milestones.

lettin him "cry it out"

Posted by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 5:11 PM
  • 12 Replies
  • 1466 Total Views
my son is almost 4 months amd wen he cries...i console him...i like for him to feel loved and secure...my in laws on the other hand feels i should let him cry it out sometimes...ID NEVER DO THAT...myvson is way too young to understand why i would lettin him cry and he cries for reasons...he wanna be held, dirty diaper, hungry, sleepy....wat do u guys do??? pick ur baby up or let them cry??
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 5:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KelliansMom
by Darbie - Head Admin on Sep. 8, 2013 at 5:14 PM
1 mom liked this
Pick him up. You CANNOT spoil a baby. Look up the fourth trimester :) he needs you near and his only eat of communicating with you is through crying.
GypsiSky
by Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 5:41 PM

I agree! I do not advocate CIO. For me personally, it seems so cruel and pointless.

Quoting KelliansMom:

Pick him up. You CANNOT spoil a baby. Look up the fourth trimester :) he needs you near and his only eat of communicating with you is through crying.

michiganmom116
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 6:22 PM

He's way too young to be CIO.  He has needs and they need to be met. 

TigerofMu
by Sonja on Sep. 9, 2013 at 10:32 AM

I tried taking that advice and letting her "cry it out" a few times, but I just couldn't do it.  I couldn't stick with it.  Plus, I felt bad for our neighbors.  We lived in a townhouse, and I know the walls weren't that thick!

jobberwocky
by Chrissy - Admin on Sep. 9, 2013 at 11:03 AM

Pick him up!! I'm not a fan of crying it out for babies! 

louannwilkins
by Bronze Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 11:24 AM

Oh gosh....I tried it with my son because the dr just kept on and on about how I needed to do this.  My dh agreed.  Well, I tried it and I cried and cried and then went and picked up my baby.  I told my dh if he didn't like it to get his crap together and go live with the dr.  lol  It tore my nerves up!!!  lol  

MomToovey
by Marianne - Owner on Sep. 14, 2013 at 5:09 PM

You are right. Crying is your son's way of communicating with you. Ignoring those cries is teaching him he's not being heard.

aneela
by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 12:35 PM

i agree he is to young

Sisteract
by New Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 1:07 PM

I never did CIO

momofsixangels
by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 1:49 PM

I always picked mine up

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement