Baby's Firsts

From their first smiles to their first steps, we're here to celebrate all of your little one's milestones.

HELP PLEASE...my son has BM problems.....I think

Posted by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 11:17 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • 134 Total Views

I am a first time mom and worried because I do not know the answer. My son is 8 and half weeks old, he is exclusively breastfed. His poop has really changed in the last two or so weeks. It has become more orange in color and is not seedy anymore. I am worried that something is wrong since it is not seedy and it was before that....I can't find anywhere that is normal or not normal. It is also foamy/frothy as well. Which I have been told that means he may not getting enough foremilk, which we are block feeding now to try to help with this situation and I am not as worried about the froth. But does that mean since it is frothy that it wont be seedy?!?!?!?! Any advice or websites that would help would be greatly appreciated.

by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 11:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
KelliansMom
by Darbie - Head Admin on Sep. 29, 2013 at 12:38 PM
Kellymom has really great breastfeeding information and so does the breast feeding group on here. I only know that ebf babies poop a lot less then formula fed babies
TigerofMu
by Sonja on Sep. 29, 2013 at 2:03 PM
I have no idea, but the bf group here would probably be a good resource, and you might talk to the doctor.
MomToovey
by Marianne - Owner on Sep. 29, 2013 at 2:42 PM

I honestly don't know either. I don't remember my DD's poop to be seedy or frothy, but it was also 4 years ago. The only thing I can think of is that it might be gas causing it to be frothy? Or perhaps some sort of change in your diet that he's reacting to?

I hope you're able to find some answers. Good luck.

Tckosdk.2012
by Bronze Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 3:21 PM

I would def check with the breastfeeding group here. I breastfeed too & my dd is one now. I remember around that age her poops changed too. They stopped being seedy & slowed down. The first few weeks she was pooping 10 times a day then it slowed down to one or two a day then one every couple days. They changed in color to yellow & very creamy. I don't knnow about the frothiness. The only time I've heard of that was with a foremilk/hindmilk imbalance but I also read that the poop will be green so I'm not sure. I would continue with the block feeding & make sure that he nurses on one side instead of offering both breasts that way he really empties the one breast. Good luck.

Mom2jngnc
by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 9:29 PM

check with the BF group.

I know my boys BM's changed often with what I ate. 

However, I just nursed on demand and counted diapers. I have two that pooped so infrequently that a BM was more shocking.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement