Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hair Tips please :D

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 3:09 PM
  • 22 Replies
  • 278 Total Views

So my hair has been falling out since I first got pregnant with our son. He is 16 months now and it is STILL falling out. In the shower I have at least 2 handfulls of hair coming out of my head!! Any tips on how to make this stop?? Before I had nice thick hair everyone was jealous of...now not so much :( I miss my hair

ETA:

my dr said it would go back to normal after my body adjust after my first son and soon after my second baby is born.

by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 3:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AydensMommy1008
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 3:11 PM

Hair skin and nail vitamins?? Maybe talk to your doc or the pharmacist may even be able to help, you may even find some helpful advice at a local salon too.

JRSMOM0621
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 3:13 PM

I really suck at taking vitamins lol I like the saloon idea.....never would have thought of that :) thank you

Quoting AydensMommy1008:

Hair skin and nail vitamins?? Maybe talk to your doc or the pharmacist may even be able to help, you may even find some helpful advice at a local salon too.

mistknidentity
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 3:14 PM
Any other strange symptoms? maybe you are now hypothyroid?
AydensMommy1008
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 3:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting JRSMOM0621:

I really suck at taking vitamins lol I like the saloon idea.....never would have thought of that :) thank you

Quoting AydensMommy1008:

I really do too actually, BUT my bf suggested maybe sticking them under my tongue, taking a drink and then swallowing and it worked better for me taking them that way.. I go through phases of taking lots of vitamins (like probably 8 a day!) and supplements and I will say I feel LOTS BETTER when Im taking them like I should be.
Hope you get some help with it! :)

SaraBethKY
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 3:22 PM

I once heard to keep taking prenatal vitamins to help. If you have a problem with taking a pill, you can try the gummi ones. If your problem is remembering, try putting them on your bathroom sink and take them when you brush your teeth to help!

JRSMOM0621
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 3:27 PM

My son can reach the sink :/ any other ideas?

Quoting SaraBethKY:

I once heard to keep taking prenatal vitamins to help. If you have a problem with taking a pill, you can try the gummi ones. If your problem is remembering, try putting them on your bathroom sink and take them when you brush your teeth to help!

JRSMOM0621
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 3:28 PM

ummm nope. :) Just my hair coming out.

Quoting mistknidentity:

Any other strange symptoms? maybe you are now hypothyroid?

rebeccab1966
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 3:31 PM

There are great shampoos out there that stimulate hair growth (one is called Nioxin I think, I saw it at the salon yesterday).  Vitamins!  If you don't like swallowing them you can take those powder packets (I do).  This can also be a sign that your thyroid isn't working probably--any other symptoms?

SaraBethKY
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 3:31 PM

Ummm....What else do you do every day? If you drink coffee you could put the vitamin container in the cabinet with the coffee mugs? Or maybe if there is something you eat for breakfast you can put it with that? My husband keeps his heartburn medicine in the same cabinet where the travel coffee mugs are so he doesn't forget. 

Quoting JRSMOM0621:

Quoting SaraBethKY:

JRSMOM0621
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 3:33 PM

hmmm turn off my kids night lamp on the shelf in his room.

Quoting SaraBethKY:

Ummm....What else do you do every day? If you drink coffee you could put the vitamin container in the cabinet with the coffee mugs? Or maybe if there is something you eat for breakfast you can put it with that? My husband keeps his heartburn medicine in the same cabinet where the travel coffee mugs are so he doesn't forget. 

Quoting JRSMOM0621:

Quoting SaraBethKY:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)