Baby's Firsts

From their first smiles to their first steps, we're here to celebrate all of your little one's milestones.

How did you tell him?

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 3:31 PM
  • 17 Replies
  • 197 Total Views

So I found out Friday that I am expecting #3. I am so nervous to tell Jim!!! This was not at all expected and I'm nervous about how he will respond. How did you tell your partner you were expecting?

by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 3:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PadysMomy
by Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 3:32 PM

I just said "I just came from the doc's office...and I'm pregnant."

lovelymomma87
by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 3:34 PM

I was really nervous to tell about #2, so I took the test and just left if it in the bathroom  embarrassed I was 22 and dumb, lol.

SophiaKsMom
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 3:49 PM
He was actually in the bathroom with me when I took the test. I had told him earlier I got sick from eating a salad with ranch and he goes your pregnant. I just shrugged it off.
sara_7106
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 4:00 PM
The first time he was with me when I took the test. This time I put a big sister shirt on our daughter
Heather2001
by Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 4:30 PM

Oh wow, congrats!  By #3, I just tossed the positive test at him, lol.

WILDCATGAL78
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 4:33 PM

He was gone for a month of training with the Army for pre deployment. I just showed him a picture of the test. We were both excited and shocked that it happened the first time we tried.

Ambear72
by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 9:46 PM

Congratulations on your pregnancy.    My husband was with me when I found out we were going to have a baby (or 2).  I had tried for 5 years to get pg.   I had a little poem that I made up to tell him, if he wasnt home when I found out. 

Since I was a little girl I had always said I was going to have twins.  So the poem was kind of Korney but I like it.

It went

Roses are Red

Violets are Blue

We are going have a baby or two!

LOL  He was with me at the Drs office when we found out I was infact having twins.

Juniper53098
by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 11:22 PM

I just told him.  He always knew I suspected it, but had to have a blood test.  I never register as pregnant on a home test.

mrsharr
by Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 12:10 AM

My period was due which I knew because I was taking birth control so I was suspicious. I had him bring home some tests and the first one I tried was positive. I walked out in shock and teary eyed and told him and he was surprised but good with it. It was really bizarre really lol. Of course as it all sank in fully the excitement increased.

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Nov. 19, 2013 at 9:33 AM

What a great guy! :)

Was this recent, are you currently expecting?

Quoting bhawke:

We were in singapore and i had been sick all day and all night for about 3 weeks in a row and CRAVED lemons... I would just slice them and then eat them to the rind. He told me to pee on a stick. Next day, i did and it turned positive mid stream...sorry TMI?, anyways, i walked out of the bathroom a ghostly translucent gray color. He immediately knew and pulled me close to him. He called in to work so he could spend the day snuggling with me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement