Baby's Firsts

From their first smiles to their first steps, we're here to celebrate all of your little one's milestones.

How did you tell him?

Posted by   + Show Post

So I found out Friday that I am expecting #3. I am so nervous to tell Jim!!! This was not at all expected and I'm nervous about how he will respond. How did you tell your partner you were expecting?

by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 3:31 PM
Replies (11-17):
SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Nov. 19, 2013 at 9:37 AM

Adorable! How did he react?

Quoting sara_7106:

The first time he was with me when I took the test. This time I put a big sister shirt on our daughter

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Nov. 19, 2013 at 10:27 AM

Happy 4 months! Were you guys trying, or would this be a surprise for everyone if you were expecting again?

Quoting bhawke:

no. This was January 7th. My baby officially turned 4 mths today. However, I think I am pregnant again... still have yet to pee on a stick

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

What a great guy! :)

Was this recent, are you currently expecting?

Quoting bhawke:

We were in singapore and i had been sick all day and all night for about 3 weeks in a row and CRAVED lemons... I would just slice them and then eat them to the rind. He told me to pee on a stick. Next day, i did and it turned positive mid stream...sorry TMI?, anyways, i walked out of the bathroom a ghostly translucent gray color. He immediately knew and pulled me close to him. He called in to work so he could spend the day snuggling with me.

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Nov. 19, 2013 at 10:41 AM

Well it sounds like you have a positive attitude about it... So that's good, since it sounds like it might just be difficult to do anything else. :) Best wishes to you whether this next test turns out positive or not!

Quoting bhawke:

haha surprise! i think every pregnancy we will have will be a surprise... not on bc and we cant use condoms because im allergic to latex. they have the goat skin condoms or whatever but we have tried those before and they easily break so idk.

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

Happy 4 months! Were you guys trying, or would this be a surprise for everyone if you were expecting again?

Quoting bhawke:

no. This was January 7th. My baby officially turned 4 mths today. However, I think I am pregnant again... still have yet to pee on a stick

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

What a great guy! :)

Was this recent, are you currently expecting?

Quoting bhawke:

We were in singapore and i had been sick all day and all night for about 3 weeks in a row and CRAVED lemons... I would just slice them and then eat them to the rind. He told me to pee on a stick. Next day, i did and it turned positive mid stream...sorry TMI?, anyways, i walked out of the bathroom a ghostly translucent gray color. He immediately knew and pulled me close to him. He called in to work so he could spend the day snuggling with me.

The_Doodle
by Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 10:48 AM

I just found out last week that I am pregnant with our second. I couldn't wait to tell DH, so I called him at work and got our 3 year old daughter to tell him that she is going to be a big sister.

tcfla
by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 10:49 AM

my husband told me with #2, He worked in the clinic on base and he got the test results and brought them home to me and said "congrats mommy"  it was awesome!

cabrandy03
by Brandy - Admin on Nov. 19, 2013 at 12:53 PM

With dd we were ttc so dh was there when I tested.

If I were to get prgnant again, I don't know how I would tell him, dh doesn't want anymore kids so it would be pretty nerve wracking for me.

MomToovey
by Marianne - Owner on Nov. 19, 2013 at 4:03 PM

Awww, congrats!

With my pregnancy, we were trying. He was with me when I bought the test and was waiting in the other room when I took it, so all I had to do was tell him it was positive :)

Now that we've decided to be done having children, I often think about how I'd tell DH if I found out we had a little surprise on the way. In all honesty, I probably would wait for him to have a day off, tell him I'm late and ask if he'd come with me to get a test. As much as I like to be creative, I think I'd be too scared to find out on my own. Since you already did, though:

You could get him a card for "daddy" from the baby and tape the positive test inside :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN