Baby's Firsts

From their first smiles to their first steps, we're here to celebrate all of your little one's milestones.

Birth Plan

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 10:46 PM
  • 31 Replies
  • 281 Total Views
Do you have one? Or did you have one and were you able to follow it?
by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 10:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Juniper53098
by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 11:14 PM

I didn't have a written plan, but I did discuss what I wanted with the dr.  Now, I recommend a written plan to every mom.

mrsharr
by Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 12:27 AM

I had a verbal one I shared with everyone, but mine ended up going the complete opposite. I still recommend having one though and would again!

Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves. -Carl Jung
SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Nov. 19, 2013 at 9:27 AM

I think having a written plan and talking it through with the doctor ahead of time is a great idea. It's something I first heard of here on CM. What about you, OP, did you do anything like this when your kiddos were born?

Heather2001
by Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 9:34 AM

I had one for all three kids and yes, they were all followed.

SophiaKsMom
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 10:44 AM
No, I didn't feel like I needed one.
cabrandy03
by Brandy - Admin on Nov. 19, 2013 at 12:53 PM

I had a loose birth plan and we were able to follow it pretty well.

MomToovey
by Marianne - Owner on Nov. 19, 2013 at 4:05 PM
1 mom liked this

The only things I really cared about were that I wanted an epidural and that I wanted a vaginal birth at all costs. I did have that typed out. I had a copy for my DH, and then I brought I think 4 copies with me to the hospital. One each for the doctor and nurse, and then another set for shift changes. I wanted everyone to know what I wanted and to fight for me to get it :)

I got exactly what I wanted

WILDCATGAL78
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 4:20 PM

I didn't really have one. I knew I was going to be induced during my 39th week. Other than that I knew I would be requesting an epidural.

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Nov. 19, 2013 at 4:48 PM

I never had one and I don't think I will this time around either.

meam4444
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 8:33 PM

I didn't have one written up, but they all knew of my wishes prior to delivery as it was in my records.  The nurses also asked my husband, doula or myself if they ever had any questions too.  They were all followed for the most part.  The one thing which wasn't followed with my last birth was the delayed cord clamping due to meconium.  But, she was able to be on my chest first for the quick cord clamping and then she went to the specialized nurses for a look-over.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement