Baby's Firsts

From their first smiles to their first steps, we're here to celebrate all of your little one's milestones.

Holiday Decorations?

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 9:53 AM
  • 50 Replies
  • 399 Total Views

How do you feel about putting out Christmas decorations before Thanksgiving... Do you do this? What kinds of holiday decoration do you have out at your home right now?

holding ornaments

by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 9:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KelliansMom
by Darbie - Head Admin on Nov. 19, 2013 at 10:18 AM
I just can't bring myself to put out Christmas decor before thanksgiving.
Heather2001
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 10:25 AM

That's a big fat no way, Jose around here.  I like Fall decor too much to rush Christmas.

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Nov. 19, 2013 at 10:29 AM

That's how I feel. We also have a moratorium on Christmas music before Thanksgiving. I know not everyone feels the same way, though... I've been starting to see some of those Christmas inflatables around town!

Quoting KelliansMom:

I just can't bring myself to put out Christmas decor before thanksgiving.

brysonsmommy_10
by Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 10:35 AM
I love putting out Christmas decorations, but it is our little family tradition that we decorate the day after Christmas and we wait until December 1 to decorate the tree. Ds and I make a lot of homemade ornaments and decorations (we actually started yesterday) so that helps me with having to wait.
SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Nov. 19, 2013 at 10:35 AM

Do you do a lot of decorating for fall? I don't like to rush Christmas, but I wish I was better at seasonal decorating in general... Right now my fall decor consists of a couple of hand towels from the Target dollar spot and a little tealight latern with pumpkins on it. :)

Quoting Heather2001:

That's a big fat no way, Jose around here.  I like Fall decor too much to rush Christmas.

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Nov. 19, 2013 at 10:39 AM

I'm going to say that you decorate the day after Thanksgiving, right? :) Do you play Christmas music and all that? Some of my favorite memories from growing up are when we decorated our tree and listened to Christmas music together as a family... I'd like to start that with my DS. He and I started putting out the little ceramic village stuff together last year, so I've decided that we will buy a piece to add to it this year and each year going forward. :)

What kind of homemade ornaments and decorations are you working on?

Quoting brysonsmommy_10:

I love putting out Christmas decorations, but it is our little family tradition that we decorate the day after Christmas and we wait until December 1 to decorate the tree. Ds and I make a lot of homemade ornaments and decorations (we actually started yesterday) so that helps me with having to wait.

SophiaKsMom
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 10:40 AM
I have a Fall wreath on my door. I plan on making a Christmas wreath for my door and decorating my porch this year.

I think in a few weeks I will have the girls make some ornaments for the tree. I found the idea on Pinterest. We still need to buy a tree.
SophiaKsMom
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 10:41 AM
What kind do you make?

I found an idea on pinterest where you take clay, cookie cutters and string/ribbon to hang them up.

Quoting brysonsmommy_10:

brysonsmommy_10
by Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 10:44 AM
Lol, yeah I meant the day after Thanksgiving. We play Christmas music or find a Christmas movie. We also have hot chocolate. Most of out ornaments are ones that we have made or have sentimental value. Ds is 4 and always so proud of himself after the tree is finished because it has ornaments that he made and we leave whatever ornaments he places wherever he puts them, even though we end up with several ornaments all cluttered together.

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

I'm going to say that you decorate the day after Thanksgiving, right? :) Do you play Christmas music and all that? Some of my favorite memories from growing up are when we decorated our tree and listened to Christmas music together as a family... I'd like to start that with my DS. He and I started putting out the little ceramic village stuff together last year, so I've decided that we will buy a piece to add to it this year and each year going forward. :)

What kind of homemade ornaments and decorations are you working on?

Quoting brysonsmommy_10:

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Nov. 19, 2013 at 10:45 AM

Did you make the fall wreath? Share a picture if you want! :)

I bought a wreath on the after-Christmas sales last year, but I'm not sure how to decorate it... Any ideas? I've never really done wreaths, but I think they can be a classy and simple way to decorate the outside. Hopefully I can keep mine classy, anyway!

Quoting SophiaKsMom:

I have a Fall wreath on my door. I plan on making a Christmas wreath for my door and decorating my porch this year.

I think in a few weeks I will have the girls make some ornaments for the tree. I found the idea on Pinterest. We still need to buy a tree.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN