Baby's Firsts

From their first smiles to their first steps, we're here to celebrate all of your little one's milestones.

Holiday Decorations?

Posted by   + Show Post

How do you feel about putting out Christmas decorations before Thanksgiving... Do you do this? What kinds of holiday decoration do you have out at your home right now?

holding ornaments

by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 9:53 AM
Replies (41-50):
SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Nov. 19, 2013 at 11:31 PM
What, no way! We have not talked about this before or I would definitely remember. I love Maine a lot, but Kansas still holds so much of my heart.

Quoting SophiaKsMom:

I live in Kansas.

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:She lives in Kansas, which is where I grew up... I still call it "home" even though I've been in Maine for ten years and plan to stay for many more! :)Where are you? (Can't remember if you've shared before, apologies if I'm not remembering...)

Quoting SophiaKsMom:Your welcome. I love going to Hobby Lobby and Michaels. Where does your Mom live?

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:Oh man, I miss Hobby Lobby so much. I go there every time I visit my mom, even though I rarely have room to take tons of craft stuff home... We don't have Hobby Lobby in New England, and other craft stores just can't compete!

The whole idea is really cute. I should start making some of my own decorations like this, thanks for sharing your idea.

Quoting SophiaKsMom:Yes its the straw wreath. I just used floral pins to attach them.

I got all the leaves from Dollar Tree. The man from my Mom. The pins and wreath from Hobby Lobby.

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:I love it! Did you attach the fall leaves to one of those straw-type of wreaths? Or how did you make it?

Quoting SophiaKsMom:This is the wreath I made.

Juniper53098
by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 7:29 AM

We decorate for Christmas after Thanksgiving.

Platinum_blonde
by Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 8:14 AM

Where I work, we had a dog that ate 4 Christmas ornaments.  And then the next day we had a possible heat stroke--weather is being crazy in Texas right now. Don't get me started on the dog that got in a tiff with a buffalo.   Yes a real, live buffalo-----I'm chalking all this up to the full moon. 

breezyb23
by Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 10:17 AM
No he doesn't he works in warehouse logistics. I'm so excited for next year when my baby will be here to celebrate the holidays and start family traditions.

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

Does your SO work retail? It's nice to have traditions around putting up the tree, all the ideas about that are inspiring me for this year.

Quoting breezyb23:

We always put the tree up on black friday the day after thanksgiving but this year we are putting it up on thanksgiving day since SO has to work on black Friday.

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Nov. 20, 2013 at 11:27 AM

A dog vs a buffalo?? That sounds pretty wild. :) Do you work with animals in some capacity, maybe a vet clinic?

Thankfully our cats leave the Christmas tree alone... I know with some animals you really have to be careful about where you place the ornaments.

Quoting Platinum_blonde:

Where I work, we had a dog that ate 4 Christmas ornaments.  And then the next day we had a possible heat stroke--weather is being crazy in Texas right now. Don't get me started on the dog that got in a tiff with a buffalo.   Yes a real, live buffalo-----I'm chalking all this up to the full moon. 

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Nov. 20, 2013 at 11:34 AM

When are you due? It's definitely so special to celebrate traditions with your children... It's one of my favorite times of year as a parent. :)

Quoting breezyb23:

No he doesn't he works in warehouse logistics. I'm so excited for next year when my baby will be here to celebrate the holidays and start family traditions.

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

Does your SO work retail? It's nice to have traditions around putting up the tree, all the ideas about that are inspiring me for this year.

Quoting breezyb23:

We always put the tree up on black friday the day after thanksgiving but this year we are putting it up on thanksgiving day since SO has to work on black Friday.

SophiaKsMom
by Bronze Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 3:25 PM
Yes. I live near Wichita.

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

What, no way! We have not talked about this before or I would definitely remember. I love Maine a lot, but Kansas still holds so much of my heart.

Quoting SophiaKsMom:

I live in Kansas.

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:She lives in Kansas, which is where I grew up... I still call it "home" even though I've been in Maine for ten years and plan to stay for many more! :)Where are you? (Can't remember if you've shared before, apologies if I'm not remembering...)

Quoting SophiaKsMom:Your welcome. I love going to Hobby Lobby and Michaels. Where does your Mom live?

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:Oh man, I miss Hobby Lobby so much. I go there every time I visit my mom, even though I rarely have room to take tons of craft stuff home... We don't have Hobby Lobby in New England, and other craft stores just can't compete!

The whole idea is really cute. I should start making some of my own decorations like this, thanks for sharing your idea.

Quoting SophiaKsMom:Yes its the straw wreath. I just used floral pins to attach them.

I got all the leaves from Dollar Tree. The man from my Mom. The pins and wreath from Hobby Lobby.

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:I love it! Did you attach the fall leaves to one of those straw-type of wreaths? Or how did you make it?

Quoting SophiaKsMom:This is the wreath I made.

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Nov. 20, 2013 at 7:41 PM

We wait until December for all things Christmas lol

sara_7106
by Bronze Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 9:41 PM
We always do the day after thanksgiving
bhwrn1
by on Nov. 21, 2013 at 5:59 AM

I don't do it and I hate it. I wait until Thanksgiving is done.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement