Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My DD goes to a high risk OB due to her illness and their policy is only one person allowed in the room while giving birth..

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:38 PM
  • 12 Replies
  • 305 Total Views

I don't think this is fair at all. If something were to go wrong I could see them asking me to leave. I have been to all my grandkids births. She is my only daughter and we are super close. I have been there for her through everything. I don't want to miss this at all. I am so upset about it.

by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cabrandy03
by Brandy - Group Owner on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:36 PM

:( 

Sorry, that's a stupid policy imo.

Janet
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 12:34 AM

Yes, I agree!

Quoting cabrandy03:

:( 

Sorry, that's a stupid policy imo.

KelliansMom
by Darbie - Head Admin on Jan. 9, 2014 at 6:57 AM
If she is high risk I bet the room will be filled with a team of doctors and nurses a set for her and set for the baby. Is the policy for her whole labor or just during the active time? That also might be the hospitals policy not the doctors.
Janet
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 1:56 PM

Just birth time. It's the doctors. There are 3 of them. I guess sometimes they are nice depending on which one and let you stay. That is if everything is going okay. Which I understand. But I want to be there! Do you blame me? This is my baby. I have spent many a night with her over the years in the hospital pulling all nighters with her.

Quoting KelliansMom: If she is high risk I bet the room will be filled with a team of doctors and nurses a set for her and set for the baby. Is the policy for her whole labor or just during the active time? That also might be the hospitals policy not the doctors.

KelliansMom
by Darbie - Head Admin on Jan. 9, 2014 at 2:03 PM

I dont blame you, but I can see their side of things too. The hospital my sister gave birth at you could only have two other people besides the father in the room vs the hospital I gave birth at told me I could fill the room with whoever I wanted. We cant film or take photos during active labor and pushing time though. 

Quoting Janet:

Just birth time. It's the doctors. There are 3 of them. I guess sometimes they are nice depending on which one and let you stay. That is if everything is going okay. Which I understand. But I want to be there! Do you blame me? This is my baby. I have spent many a night with her over the years in the hospital pulling all nighters with her.

Quoting KelliansMom: If she is high risk I bet the room will be filled with a team of doctors and nurses a set for her and set for the baby. Is the policy for her whole labor or just during the active time? That also might be the hospitals policy not the doctors.

JessiFaye
by Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 2:58 PM

My hospital allows for four, but in high risk situations they do reserve the right to knock it down to just one, because of all the extra people/equipment they might need to have in there. I'm just having one person in the room anyway... is your daughter upset? :( 

JRSMOM0621
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 2:59 PM

wow I can see how that would be dumb. I would definately want my mom in there no matter what

Mommy to one angel, 1 crazy toddler and 1 on the way!!
maxsmommy1010
by Member on Jan. 10, 2014 at 11:50 AM

That seems odd I was high risk and I was allowed up to four until it was decided I needed an emergency c section... It probably depends on the hospital

MomToovey
by Marianne - Admin on Jan. 10, 2014 at 5:51 PM

I can understand both sides of the argument. If I were you, I'd just stay in as long as they let you and see what happens.

At least she's not CHOOSING not to have you in the room! I'm VERY close to my mom and since I'm her only child, the grandkids I give her are the only ones she gets. And we decided to be done at one. I didn't want my mom in there. In my opinion, it was a moment for me and DH only. So she'll literally never get to see a grandchild come into the world.

It worked out because they didn't even get to the state until the day after I gave birth, and mom wasn't upset at all that she didn't get to be in there. What matters in the end is getting to be a part of that beautiful baby's life :)

Janet
by Bronze Member on Jan. 11, 2014 at 3:01 PM

Yes, she does.

Quoting JRSMOM0621:

wow I can see how that would be dumb. I would definately want my mom in there no matter what

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)