Baby's Firsts

From their first smiles to their first steps, we're here to celebrate all of your little one's milestones.

HELP

Posted by on Jan. 10, 2014 at 8:48 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 125 Total Views

when did your baby teeth

and how did you know

what do i do

by on Jan. 10, 2014 at 8:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
SophiaKsMom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 10, 2014 at 9:40 PM
Each baby is different when it comes to teething. Some it doesn't bother them or they are real fussy.

Excessive drooling, gums are swollen, or see white buds.

Use can use a frozen washcloth, teething rings, some use Baltic amber necklaces, or teething tablets.
cabrandy03
by Brandy - Admin on Jan. 11, 2014 at 11:37 AM

Babies can start teething really anytime during the first year.  Usually it starts with lots of drooling, after a while you will start to see a tooth under the surface of the gums.  Some babies get really fussy, others don't.  Dd's favorite teething remedy was just frozen clean washcloths to chew on.

MomToovey
by Marianne - Owner on Jan. 11, 2014 at 2:11 PM

My daughter started her teething symptoms at about 2 months, but didn't get her first tooth until she was almost 9 months old. Her pediatrician said one of the biggest indicators is drooling. If baby is excessively drooling, it's safe to assume that baby is teething.

As far as what to do for teething, there are lots of remedies out there. One is simply rubbing your finger along baby's gums. Or freezing a damp washcloth for baby to chew on. There are amber teething necklaces which are supposed to help, etc. I'd recommend trying as many as you can and see what works best to soothe baby's teething pains. We literally tried every method known to mankind at the time (not sure if new things have come out in the last 5 years) and the only thing that helped my DD was a pacifier.

Tckosdk.2012
by Bronze Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 10:34 AM

My dd got 2 teeth at once when she was 5 months old. I didn't really know they were coming, they just popped through & I saw them. After that I bought her a baltic amber teething necklace & anklet & I swear by it. I got it from Hazelaid.com for about 20.00 It really helps with pain & drooling.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement