Baby's Firsts

From their first smiles to their first steps, we're here to celebrate all of your little one's milestones.

Babys 2 month wellness check

Posted by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 11:29 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 141 Total Views
Hey Ladies, I am needing to move to another state when my baby is only 6 week old. I was wondering if abundance ever gotten there babies 2 month wellness check done earlier than 2 months? I am calling the doctor tomorrow to see if they can get her in the same day as my post partum appointment, but wanted to see what others thought before then.
by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 11:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
cabrandy03
by Brandy - Admin on Jan. 12, 2014 at 11:54 PM

I think that would fine.  I don't see an issue with doing it a couple weeks early.

LoveMyBug2013
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 8:25 AM

Ours could not because they need the timing spaced out for vaccines.  It was as close to (or after) turning 2 (4, 6, 9, etc) months.

I would start looking for a pediatrician at your new place.

cakemomma12
by New Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 9:15 AM
See that's what I'm afraid of. We are on medicaid and have to cancel it here before we can sign up in Michigan. The problem is we don't want to cancel it before we do our taxes. If we canceled it here it will take it might take longer than a few weeks to get it going there and take longer to get her in n for the wellness check up. Plus take longer to process taxes.
Mrseoc
by Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 9:22 AM

I'm pretty sure a 2 months they start innaculations. So i would actually want to go AFTER she was 8 weeks. Well visits are really just to check to make sure she's growing right. If your ever concerned about her growth, most pedi offices offer free weight checks. You'll go in and they weigh her to make sure she's thriving. I never did it because i hated taking her into the doctors office (since thats where the germs live).

Try this. Weigh yourself, the weigh yourself holding her. Then subtract. Solong as she's gaining weight, she's healthy.

MomToovey
by Marianne - Owner on Jan. 13, 2014 at 3:25 PM

The vaccine schedule is why the visits are spaced out they way they are. If you want to go in for a check up only and not do the vaccine yet, I doubt they'd have a problem with that. And then you can wait until baby is 2 months old and you're all settled in your new place before finding a new doctor and getting that vaccine. But if you want the whole visit taken care of - vaccine and all - I'd probably call the dr's office first and see if they'd allow it. Then you'll have your answer.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement