Baby's Firsts

From their first smiles to their first steps, we're here to celebrate all of your little one's milestones.

bc

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2014 at 10:27 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 176 Total Views

so i had my daughter dec 24th went yesterday for my 6 week check up they gave me  birth control pills, but when i read the info on them it says not to start untill you get your period, but my question is what if i dont get my period for a long time? can i start with out being on my period?? sorry ftm and first time useing bc

by on Feb. 1, 2014 at 10:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
jobberwocky
by Chrissy - Admin on Feb. 2, 2014 at 8:53 AM
You can start it now. That's what my ob had me do but I also have a history of only having periods every 6 to 12 months so it doesn't make sense to wait.

I'd call your on and see what they want you to do.
KelliansMom
by Darbie - Head Admin on Feb. 2, 2014 at 8:54 AM

I was also told I could start it that following sunday after my doctor visit.

cassie241986
by Cassandra on Feb. 2, 2014 at 11:03 AM
I was also told I could start taking them before my period returned. I had a baby born in December also and my period didn't return until April.
MomToovey
by Marianne - Owner on Feb. 2, 2014 at 4:05 PM

I too was told I could start them right away. I didn't get my first period until 7 months after getting that birth control.

cabrandy03
by Brandy - Admin on Feb. 2, 2014 at 4:21 PM

You can start now.  If your breastfeeding make sure it's a pill that's compatable with breastfeeding first though...some bc can dry up your milk.

sunnysideup89
by on Feb. 2, 2014 at 5:06 PM

Your preg are you not? So you prob wont get your period..never was told to wait till menstral comes. 

mommyeenie
by New Member on Feb. 2, 2014 at 10:06 PM

no im not pregnant i said i had my daughter dec 24th. if i was pregnant why would i take bc???

Quoting sunnysideup89:

Your preg are you not? So you prob wont get your period..never was told to wait till menstral comes. 

mommyeenie
by New Member on Feb. 2, 2014 at 10:06 PM

thank you guys, i ended up taking it today and i got my period this morning so i guess it worked out lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement