Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hospital stay

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 12:32 AM
  • 10 Replies
  • 222 Total Views

Since this is my first I was wondering how long do hospital stays after you give birth last. I have heard that certain things make them longer like if you got an epidural, c-section(I understand) and of course complications but what is the soonest you get out? 

by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 12:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
C.H.E.L.S.E.A
by Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 2:01 AM

Around 24-48 hours if you have an uncomplicated vaginal birth.

cabrandy03
by Brandy - Group Owner on Feb. 14, 2014 at 1:26 PM

If you have a vaginal birth without any major complications you can usually talk them into letting you go home about 24 hours after delivery.

KelliansMom
by Darbie - Head Admin on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:01 PM
48 hours is standard for a vaginal birth in my area. I have found though that every doctor and hospital is different.
LoveMyBug2013
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:39 PM

My hospital was 2 nights for vaginal, 3 for c-section.  They did not have a longer time for epidural, although the epi can cause complications that might make for longer stay.

For a normal vaginal birth, you can usually leave 24 hours after with doctor's special permission.  I personally enjoyed staying in the hospital and having someone help me when I needed it. 

I was fine the first night, but had a melt down the second night (from being up 48+hours).

Merrick17
by New Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:17 PM
I did 24 hours from delivery.
MomToovey
by Marianne - Admin on Feb. 15, 2014 at 5:01 PM

Baby and I were discharged 48 hours after her birth.

cassie241986
by Cassandra on Feb. 16, 2014 at 10:25 AM
We were discharged after 48 hours. I had a c-section.
alkakfnxcpoem
by Member on Feb. 16, 2014 at 10:30 AM
I delivered vaginally with an epidural and left two days later. I did have high blood pressure and they almost made me stay longer for it. My hospital does 3-4 days for c sections.
blapier
by Brenda on Feb. 16, 2014 at 1:36 PM
I was let go 48 hours after having dd. I,had a csection but I was well enough and up walking around. I think it depends upon the person and the doctor.
esox
by Laura on Feb. 16, 2014 at 2:05 PM
I was told 2-3 days is standard for a c-section at my hospital "depending on how you answer the questions." But wasn't told what the questions were going to be or what the right answers were for those questions. I'm assuming he is going to ask if I've pooped Lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)