Baby's Firsts

From their first smiles to their first steps, we're here to celebrate all of your little one's milestones.

Getting sick. **Update**

Posted by on Mar. 7, 2014 at 8:53 AM
  • 16 Replies
  • 207 Total Views

Since 38 weeks I have been unable to eat more than one meal a day if I am lucky. Thought of food makes me ill, I am trying to keep hydrated but now even that is becoming more and more of a chore. The doctor refuses to induce until 42 weeks or later. I am not sure what to do any more.

I have felt less movement until last night when he was moving and standing in my stomach. I thought I would go into labor last night but no such luck.

Everyone in the family is now on a sharp edge and going at eachother :/ I am feeling my own emotions along with everyone else's emotions.

**Update***

Since posting I was giving a fetal stress test to check on my son because of the decrease in movement. He is moving just fine from what I am told and I was given the okay to try to induce at home.......interesting right since they wont induce me themselves. But anyway I finally caved into trying the castor oil (I'm 40 weeks 3 days). I have taken 2 TBS since around 1 and seriously it has done nothing. I havent pooped, I havent had any type of gas or cramping. The only change is my son has increased his movement! Guess it is better than nothing right?

Proud mommy of 1 special angel and 2 boys :-) I am love animals, dogs & horses are my favorites. I am the kind of person that you would consider weird and that is okay by me :D I am interested in the why of things not just the how. I also ask the most random questions like why is it considered littering when it is biodegradable?
by on Mar. 7, 2014 at 8:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KelliansMom
by Darbie - Head Admin on Mar. 7, 2014 at 8:56 AM

The last few weeks are always the worst. Try taking a epsom salt bath to relax muscles and make some popcicles to help with staying hydrated. If you find that only one food is something you want to eat then just eat that dont worry about how healthy it is at this point you just want to keep some food in you if you can. Medical waiting till after your due date normally makes inductions go smoother beacuse more then likely your body is better prepared then. Doing it before then majority of the time leads to complications and a c section. 

JRSMOM0621
by Bronze Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 9:01 AM

Last time I was actually able to eat was a kids meal. but I could only eat a 4 or so fries and 3 nuggets... that was the day before yesterday  :/ It feels like a rock in my stomach. I know that I have to eat but when I bring something to my mouth my stomach seizes up.

Quoting KelliansMom:

The last few weeks are always the worst. Try taking a epsom salt bath to relax muscles and make some popcicles to help with staying hydrated. If you find that only one food is something you want to eat then just eat that dont worry about how healthy it is at this point you just want to keep some food in you if you can. Medical waiting till after your due date normally makes inductions go smoother beacuse more then likely your body is better prepared then. Doing it before then majority of the time leads to complications and a c section. 

Proud mommy of 1 special angel and 2 boys :-) I am love animals, dogs & horses are my favorites. I am the kind of person that you would consider weird and that is okay by me :D I am interested in the why of things not just the how. I also ask the most random questions like why is it considered littering when it is biodegradable?
KelliansMom
by Darbie - Head Admin on Mar. 7, 2014 at 9:02 AM

Think you still have the bug you had a few weeks ago? or some really bad gas or heartburn? 

Quoting JRSMOM0621:

Last time I was actually able to eat was a kids meal. but I could only eat a 4 or so fries and 3 nuggets... that was the day before yesterday  :/ It feels like a rock in my stomach. I know that I have to eat but when I bring something to my mouth my stomach seizes up.

Quoting KelliansMom:

JRSMOM0621
by Bronze Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 9:04 AM

Doc said the GI infection was gone and cleared up. Sorry for this TMI but I go on diaherra bouts and thankfully I havent had heartburn in months

Quoting KelliansMom:

Think you still have the bug you had a few weeks ago? or some really bad gas or heartburn? 

Quoting JRSMOM0621:

Quoting KelliansMom:

KelliansMom
by Darbie - Head Admin on Mar. 7, 2014 at 9:06 AM

Diaherra is normal at the end its your body clean itself out before labor. Try making smoothies and just try to eat. Bc going into labor with no food for energy is not good. 

Quoting JRSMOM0621:

Doc said the GI infection was gone and cleared up. Sorry for this TMI but I go on diaherra bouts and thankfully I havent had heartburn in months

Quoting KelliansMom:

Quoting JRSMOM0621:

Quoting KelliansMom:

JRSMOM0621
by Bronze Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 9:09 AM

Kay Ill give that a try. Thanks

Quoting KelliansMom:

Diaherra is normal at the end its your body clean itself out before labor. Try making smoothies and just try to eat. Bc going into labor with no food for energy is not good. 

Quoting JRSMOM0621:

Quoting KelliansMom:

Quoting JRSMOM0621:

Quoting KelliansMom:

KelliansMom
by Darbie - Head Admin on Mar. 7, 2014 at 9:10 AM

Your welcome. Im finding that I need to remember to eat too! Right now I would just rather sleep lol I only have two more weeks left till my edd 

Quoting JRSMOM0621:

Quoting KelliansMom:

Quoting JRSMOM0621:

Quoting KelliansMom:

Quoting JRSMOM0621:

Quoting KelliansMom:

JRSMOM0621
by Bronze Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 9:13 AM

Lol sleep sounds so good. Unfortunately every time I find a comfy spot Colton stands on my spine

Quoting KelliansMom:

Your welcome. Im finding that I need to remember to eat too! Right now I would just rather sleep lol I only have two more weeks left till my edd 

Quoting JRSMOM0621:

Quoting KelliansMom:

Quoting JRSMOM0621:

Quoting KelliansMom:

Quoting JRSMOM0621:

Quoting KelliansMom:

RaLeighsMommy11
by Shay on Mar. 7, 2014 at 11:09 AM
The last few weeks are hard :( I'm sorry your having a hard time but just hang in there! You may not believe me now but I PROMISE you will miss being able to feel the kicks in your belly! Try to relax and rest the last few weeks. Go get a pedicure or a massage :). That may help speed labor up because when your relaxed your body does more
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cabrandy03
by Brandy - Admin on Mar. 7, 2014 at 11:51 AM
Try to hang in there, the last few weeks are always miserable!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN