Baby's Firsts

From their first smiles to their first steps, we're here to celebrate all of your little one's milestones.

Stay At Home

Posted by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 11:56 AM
  • 28 Replies
  • 333 Total Views

Are you a SAHM? 

What is you job if you are not?

How much leave did you take after having your baby?

by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 11:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KylesMom409
by Linnette on Mar. 13, 2014 at 11:59 AM
I am a senior teller for a bank, full time.
I was a teacher when DS was born; I took the last 2 months of the school year off; summer I was obviously home; I decided to change my career because I was no longer happy teaching. So I got to spend the first 8 months of DS's life at home with him. :)
jenniferlee_12
by Silver Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 12:04 PM

Awesome! My sister is a bank manager.

Quoting KylesMom409: I am a senior teller for a bank, full time. I was a teacher when DS was born; I took the last 2 months of the school year off; summer I was obviously home; I decided to change my career because I was no longer happy teaching. So I got to spend the first 8 months of DS's life at home with him. :)

KelliansMom
by Darbie - Head Admin on Mar. 13, 2014 at 12:04 PM
I was in retail management before having my son. And with my husbands work schedule and to cost of daycare it was just better for me to stay home. Eventually I would love to go back to work but not until my kids are much older.
cabrandy03
by Brandy - Admin on Mar. 13, 2014 at 12:12 PM
I'm a SAHM for now, I'm in the process of looking for a part time job right now. Just like 15 hours a week would be perfect. Before I had did I ran an after school program for elementary school kids.
shann77
by Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 12:16 PM
1 mom liked this
i'm a sahm. i'm in Canada so i had a full yr off but when my maternity leave was up i enjoyed staying home so much i chose not to go back to work.
jenniferlee_12
by Silver Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 12:20 PM

I just saw a program about daycare cost. Something like $14,000 a year or something per kid.

Quoting KelliansMom: I was in retail management before having my son. And with my husbands work schedule and to cost of daycare it was just better for me to stay home. Eventually I would love to go back to work but not until my kids are much older.

jenniferlee_12
by Silver Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 12:23 PM

Maybe a lunch monitor or bus aide?

Quoting cabrandy03: I'm a SAHM for now, I'm in the process of looking for a part time job right now. Just like 15 hours a week would be perfect. Before I had did I ran an after school program for elementary school kids.

jenniferlee_12
by Silver Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 12:25 PM

Canada has an awesome maternity leave program!

Quoting shann77: i'm a sahm. i'm in Canada so i had a full yr off but when my maternity leave was up i enjoyed staying home so much i chose not to go back to work.

Mrseoc
by Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 12:30 PM
I'm a SAHM. I was a secretary but quit because it was a crappy Job and dh gave me the go-ahead. Two weeks later I was pregnant. I have no plans to go back, and now we're planning for baby number two!
cabrandy03
by Brandy - Admin on Mar. 13, 2014 at 12:31 PM
It has to be after 2 pm when my mom gets off work. She'll babysit for free and that's really only way going back to work will work for me. I'm thinking about applying at boys and girls club, I worked there for awhile when I was in college.

Quoting jenniferlee_12:

Maybe a lunch monitor or bus aide?

Quoting cabrandy03: I'm a SAHM for now, I'm in the process of looking for a part time job right now. Just like 15 hours a week would be perfect. Before I had did I ran an after school program for elementary school kids.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN