Baby's Firsts

From their first smiles to their first steps, we're here to celebrate all of your little one's milestones.

What Are Your Baby’s Teething Symptoms?

Posted by on Apr. 2, 2014 at 12:06 PM
  • 42 Replies
  • 8270 Total Views

Getting those first teeth can be tough for your little one (and you!). And it isn't always simple to know if/when your little one is teething.

Tell us, What are your baby's teething symptoms?

by on Apr. 2, 2014 at 12:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
myempyreofdirt
by on Mar. 23, 2014 at 6:05 PM
Our son has had most if the typical symptoms. No fever, but lots of drooling/chewing/crabbiness. He started teething around 11 weeks. The first symptom was a ton of drool, so I figured that's what it was. He's quite a bit crankier about it than most of my friend's kids. The only thing that caught me off guard a little was his gums bleeding. Thankfully that's only happened twice, and just a small amount.
SendMeBabyDust
by Member on Mar. 23, 2014 at 6:06 PM
I knew my son was teething from the amount of nursing he was doing . also yesterday he slept most of the day . He is fussy more than he is not . he is constantly drooling and has a fever most days . I knew more than one tooth could come in but he has 5 currently . my poor baby .
meandmyboys124
by on Mar. 23, 2014 at 6:13 PM
I noticed teething due to an increase in nursing and wanting to be held all the time. It took me all Friday(this last Friday) to figure out because he wasn't showing his usual symptoms. He was chewing on his hands and became aggressive to his older brothers :(
SouthernSweetT
by on Mar. 23, 2014 at 6:16 PM
My son's only real teething symptoms were drooling and fussiness. He isn't a real "chewer" so to speak and he was never super crabby. It took me a while to realize he's teething because the symptoms have started far beyond when the first tooth even started to make an appearance. I wasn't expecting the particularly picky eating that came along with its apparently some food hurts and some helps varying on the texture etc.
TiniMama
by on Mar. 23, 2014 at 6:41 PM
My daughter's biggest symptoms are: drool (so much drool), crabbiness, and chewing (she loves to gnaw on my finger). Much like her older sister the symptoms started way before the first tooth made it's way through the gums but I could tell it was teeth and not something else. So far no crazy symptoms this time but my older daughter would get diarrhea right before the tooth came through and that threw me off at first.
haydensmommy01
by on Mar. 23, 2014 at 8:37 PM
Yes my baby has experienced alot of teething symptoms. She got a fever a couple times, lots of drooling, and she gets a little fussy..
As soon as she started drooling alot I knew that it was teeth. I would also look in her mouth and see white caps on her gums and knew right away what was going on.
No there was no unexpected teething symptoms she experienced. I have read alot of baby stuff so I knew what to expect:)
SlingsAndThings
by on Mar. 23, 2014 at 8:40 PM
Well my first baby was an easy teether. This baby-not so much. We're at 7 months now and still toothless. Today he was very crabby and had rosy cheeks (didn't know that could be a teething symptom). I actually kept checking his temp because if it. Every day I feel for teeth expecting to feel some but haven't yet. Charlie is still a fountain of drool and chewing on everything. I'm hoping the poor guy gets some relief soon!
meam4444
by Bronze Member on Mar. 23, 2014 at 10:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi Mamas--I am a mom to five.  My oldest is six years old and my youngest is six months.  My six month old is currently teething.  She has the common teething symptoms such as having a hard time sleeping, excessive drooling, chewing on her fingers, and biting down on her bottle nipple.  I knew right away she was teething since all of my children experience similar/same symptoms when they were teething.  There haven't been any unexpected symptoms since I kind of know what to look out for; however, with that said, I always never want to expect loosing sleep at night due to a teething baby.

kathybman
by on Mar. 23, 2014 at 10:57 PM
My son has started teething with very typical symptoms. Rosy cheeks, tons of drools and chewing on everything. Nothing broken through yet but hopefully soon! He's leaving welts on his hand between his thumb and pointer finger from all the sucking he does.
JadeSapphire
by on Mar. 24, 2014 at 6:55 AM

The biggest symptoms I had were drooling and crankiness. He is teething now so he sucks his gums alot because they itch so badly. He is already a cuddler so now it's just worse. Not that it bugs me. Any opportunity to cuddle my little man, I'm taking it! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement