Baby's Firsts

From their first smiles to their first steps, we're here to celebrate all of your little one's milestones.

What Is Your Teething Advice For New Moms?

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2014 at 5:09 PM
  • 122 Replies
  • 10673 Total Views
1 mom liked this

Do you have any teething advice to share with the moms of CafeMom? We'd love to hear it!

by on Apr. 29, 2014 at 5:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
myempyreofdirt
by on Apr. 11, 2014 at 5:33 PM
Sometimes you have to get creative. A lot of babies won't take teething rings or frozen things. That's ok though, just keep trying until you find what baby likes. Also, distraction works wonders. If you're like me, you prefer to hold off on medicine until it's absolutely necessary. Fun activities can really help take the edge off their discomfort.
meandmyboys124
by on Apr. 11, 2014 at 5:40 PM
1 mom liked this
I suggest try many different thing until you find something that works. All 3 of my boys had different things that helped. I know a few people that expect one thing to fit the needs of many, when that just isn't the case.
Also, remember, until you find that something that helps, don't beat yourself up thy your child is crying/hurt. You are doing your best.
MaryJarrett
by on Apr. 11, 2014 at 6:10 PM
I agree with the previous posters. It's a lot of trail and error before finding what works best. Also, don't think "it's too early for teething"! I've known of a few babes born with teeth! :)
It takes time to find your groove! You WILL find something eventually! :)
alexabimom
by on Apr. 11, 2014 at 6:17 PM
2 moms liked this
Everyone was telling me Andrew is too young to be teething, but he was showing me all the signs of teething at 3 months old.

He has teeth on the bottom trying to come in now.

Rubbing his gums has been a good way to make him calm down. Also, frozen breast milk in a mesh teether was a favorite :)
haydensmommy01
by on Apr. 11, 2014 at 6:22 PM
Remember frozen wash cloths around your finger work well too:) lol You dont have to go out and spend lots of money on teething stuff be creative, look on pinterest for good naturel ideas:)
Larsbug
by on Apr. 11, 2014 at 7:19 PM

think outside the box, what works for one baby doesn't always work for another

momofnatalie
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2014 at 11:50 PM

Try everything you can and find what works for your child.  My oldest DD loved teething rings, but second Dd doesn't.  She enjoys sucking on her blanket.  We tried the Orajel gel and it works because she doesn't fuss within a few minutes.  Getting it in her mouth is a bit of a challenge but once its in, it works.

SouthernSweetT
by on Apr. 12, 2014 at 10:19 AM
Every baby is different with teething. Some won't like rings, the teething packs etc. Sometimes it's really trial and error with finding what works for baby. We made breast milk pops, frozen cloths and rubbed gums and those seemed to be the best.
abbyjm2013
by on Apr. 13, 2014 at 10:40 AM
All babies teeth different, some you may not even know are teething, others will act like death.
You don't need to go spend big bugs on a bunch of teething things I found that frozen blueberries worked THE BEST and to be comforting and understanding when your toddler wont sleep at night from the pain.
monkeybelle83
by Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 3:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Do what works for you and your child. If we, as adults, were teething we'd need very strong pain killers. It really is that painful. We love those mesh feeders with frozen fruit. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement