Baby's Firsts

From their first smiles to their first steps, we're here to celebrate all of your little one's milestones.

What....

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 2:25 PM
  • 31 Replies
  • 437 Total Views
Scared you most about labor? Were you still scared of the same thing with your second or was it a different fear?

I was scared shitless of everything when I went into labor with my first but my second I was only afraid of when I would take a BM after just giving birth. That to me was worse than labor
by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 2:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AbbeysMom2013
by Nicole on Mar. 26, 2014 at 3:49 PM
I was scared of everything because it was my first. I had a HORRIBLE nurse when I finally went into labor so that didn't help. Seriously, the dr even bitched her out, she was pissed.

I only have one baby, so I have nothing to compare it to.
JRSMOM0621
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 3:52 PM

yeah my nurse with the first just stood there and told me to "let her know when I start"... I was like umm how the hell should I know?? I never did this before. Thank the heavens for the shift change or I would have thrown her out the window!

Quoting AbbeysMom2013: I was scared of everything because it was my first. I had a HORRIBLE nurse when I finally went into labor so that didn't help. Seriously, the dr even bitched her out, she was pissed. I only have one baby, so I have nothing to compare it to.

Proud mommy of 1 special angel and 2 boys :-)
squeekers
by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 3:53 PM

I was afraid, and am still afraid of needles. I was terrified the medical staff would try to give me a needle in the back. I think I would have gotten up and labor/walked out the room. I have bent IV's in my arm for my massive freakouts in the past.

AbbeysMom2013
by Nicole on Mar. 26, 2014 at 3:57 PM
That's horrible, lol that's her job to know what's going on.

I was throwing up, in so much pain I wanted the dr NOW. When the dr finally came (over an hour later) she was pissed because I was in so much pain, the nurse just told her to come, not mentioning the pain. The nurse didn't check me for about six hours. I told the dr i wanted a c-section, I wanted baby out I could take it anymore. She told me that wasn't an option because baby was right there, that's why I was hurting so much. 20 min after the dr came in baby was out. So who know how long baby was sitting there due to that stupid nurse.

Quoting JRSMOM0621:

yeah my nurse with the first just stood there and told me to "let her know when I start"... I was like umm how the hell should I know?? I never did this before. Thank the heavens for the shift change or I would have thrown her out the window!

Quoting AbbeysMom2013: I was scared of everything because it was my first. I had a HORRIBLE nurse when I finally went into labor so that didn't help. Seriously, the dr even bitched her out, she was pissed.

JRSMOM0621
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 4:02 PM

That sounds like my second lol although dr didnt have time to come in since my water broke and the head was out. Nurse was nice this time around though.

Quoting AbbeysMom2013: That's horrible, lol that's her job to know what's going on. I was throwing up, in so much pain I wanted the dr NOW. When the dr finally came (over an hour later) she was pissed because I was in so much pain, the nurse just told her to come, not mentioning the pain. The nurse didn't check me for about six hours. I told the dr i wanted a c-section, I wanted baby out I could take it anymore. She told me that wasn't an option because baby was right there, that's why I was hurting so much. 20 min after the dr came in baby was out. So who know how long baby was sitting there due to that stupid nurse.
Quoting JRSMOM0621:

Quoting AbbeysMom2013: I was scared of everything because it was my first. I had a HORRIBLE nurse when I finally went into labor so that didn't help. Seriously, the dr even bitched her out, she was pissed. I only have one baby, so I have nothing to compare it to.

JRSMOM0621
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 4:02 PM

ugh I hate needles too

Quoting squeekers:

I was afraid, and am still afraid of needles. I was terrified the medical staff would try to give me a needle in the back. I think I would have gotten up and labor/walked out the room. I have bent IV's in my arm for my massive freakouts in the past.

AbbeysMom2013
by Nicole on Mar. 26, 2014 at 4:06 PM
1 mom liked this
That is good :) I was induced Wednesday night at 7pm and had her Friday night at 735pm. So I seen a lot of nurses. They were all great expect that one. Luckily when I started pushing it was shift change and I got a different nurse. Thankfully!

Baby ended up going to the nicu sun morning at 3am. So there was just a lot of unplanned things that went on. I really wasn't prepared for it.

Quoting JRSMOM0621:

That sounds like my second lol although dr didnt have time to come in since my water broke and the head was out. Nurse was nice this time around though.

Quoting AbbeysMom2013: That's horrible, lol that's her job to know what's going on.

I was throwing up, in so much pain I wanted the dr NOW. When the dr finally came (over an hour later) she was pissed because I was in so much pain, the nurse just told her to come, not mentioning the pain. The nurse didn't check me for about six hours. I told the dr i wanted a c-section, I wanted baby out I could take it anymore. She told me that wasn't an option because baby was right there, that's why I was hurting so much. 20 min after the dr came in baby was out. So who know how long baby was sitting there due to that stupid nurse.

Quoting JRSMOM0621:

Quoting AbbeysMom2013: I was scared of everything because it was my first. I had a HORRIBLE nurse when I finally went into labor so that didn't help. Seriously, the dr even bitched her out, she was pissed.

melliburger
by Melli on Mar. 26, 2014 at 5:16 PM

I've only given birth once. What scared me the most was just anything going wrong.

KylesMom409
Really wishing I didn't have to get up at 6 tomorrow. :(
Yesterday at 9:17 PM
by Linnette on Mar. 26, 2014 at 6:12 PM
Quoting melliburger:

I've only given birth once. What scared me the most was just anything going wrong.

This.
C.H.E.L.S.E.A
by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 8:13 PM

I was scared of tearing. I didn't experience labor with my son, so I'll probably have the same fear next time around.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement