• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Body not right after baby

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 12:23 AM
  • 24 Replies
  • 515 Total Views
Is there any part of your body that just hasn't felt right after having baby?

Ever since I have had her my hips just don't feel right. When I sit on the floor and cross my legs I feel like I almost have to pop them in place. Recently they have been really sore. She is 11 months old, you think this would have gone away by now.
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 12:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
melliburger
by Melli on Apr. 3, 2014 at 12:46 AM

My hip problems got a lot worse after giving birth. I've gained tons of weight also and I'm trying so hard to lose it all. My lower back isn't the same, and it has a weird bulge. I also have an umbilical hernia. Fun stuff lol

AbbeysMom2013
by Nicole - Admin on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:41 AM
The things we do for these beautiful babie :)

I guess I was just hoping things would kinda go back to normal at some point.

Quoting melliburger:

My hip problems got a lot worse after giving birth. I've gained tons of weight also and I'm trying so hard to lose it all. My lower back isn't the same, and it has a weird bulge. I also have an umbilical hernia. Fun stuff lol

jenniferlee_12
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:56 AM

I felt fine after my son, but still feel off (14 months later) from my daughter.

AbbeysMom2013
by Nicole - Admin on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:02 AM
Those darn girls lol

Quoting jenniferlee_12:

I felt fine after my son, but still feel off (14 months later) from my daughter.

KelliansMom
by Darbie - Head Admin on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:04 AM

I have a new normal after having me son. My hips never went back down and even my cycle fully changed. Im expecting it all to happen again after this baby

Mrseoc
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:11 AM

I had a lot of leg pain in the first year after baby. It comes back every once in awhile but only when i'm in active. I should have talked to my doctor about it when it was at it's worst, i could probably have gotten an answer.

Since your hips shift in pregnancy and delivery, i would mention it to your doctor. Maybe your back just needs realigned? Perhaps a visit to the chiropractor would fix everything.

AbbeysMom2013
by Nicole - Admin on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:14 AM
I should look into that. I'm just not a big dr person, because I never seem to get a clear answer and fix.

Sleeping is a pain lol.... If I sleep on my stomach I can't move in the morning because my lower back hurts so bad. I can't sleep on my sides because my hips are so sore. And I just can't sleep on my back.

Quoting Mrseoc:

I had a lot of leg pain in the first year after baby. It comes back every once in awhile but only when i'm in active. I should have talked to my doctor about it when it was at it's worst, i could probably have gotten an answer.

Since your hips shift in pregnancy and delivery, i would mention it to your doctor. Maybe your back just needs realigned? Perhaps a visit to the chiropractor would fix everything.

cabrandy03
by Brandy - Group Owner on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:02 AM
My hips have been awful ever since I was pregnant and I'm pretty positive it's not going to go away since it's been 3.5 years. My hips get so sore if I lay on one side too long at night or when it's cold. I also have had really bad sciatica since I was pregnant. My OB said it would go away once I delivered but it hasn't.
jenniferlee_12
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:13 AM

Been trouble from the start.lol I don't know if he did something with the forceps or stitched me wrong from her tearing me.

Quoting AbbeysMom2013: Those darn girls lol
Quoting jenniferlee_12:

LoveMyBug2013
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:39 AM

My bladder...so tired of peeing my pants every time I sneeze...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)