Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Playgroups?

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:42 AM
  • 18 Replies
  • 403 Total Views
Are any of you active in one? I am having a hard time joining one for DS right now. There are not very many in our area.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LoveMyBug2013
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:56 AM

We joined several through our religious community.  One is informal (we were just connected through the organization as parents with kids of the same age), one meets weekly and is highly structured and organized (play, songs/dance, story, art project), and one is designed for parents of kids under a year old and they bring in a guest speaker each month on various topics like feeding, play and sleep. 

jenniferlee_12
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:53 AM

No I don't know of any around. 

Mrseoc
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:58 AM

We dont have many play groups in our area either. However the libraries in our city all offer free story time or music time for toddlers preschoolers and babies. They dont require sign up and you dont have to come each week. I'm going to give them a try this summer when DD's best friend turns 2 (so they can be in the same group).

Check out what your library offers.

KelliansMom
by Darbie - Head Admin on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:01 AM

We have mops and a ton of groups on meetup.com in this area but I havent gone to mops and the one group I did join was dispanded soon after :(. I did find once my son got to preschool we started meeting many families to hang out with.

AbbeysMom2013
by Nicole - Admin on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:15 AM
We aren't but I should find her one, she likes playing with other kids
cabrandy03
by Brandy - Group Owner on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:59 AM
We're part of a small one, it's just a few ladies from my church and their munchkins.
dreamarrow
by Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:01 AM
We're pretty lucky that there is multiple mom/play groups in our area. I'm in a couple and it's really nice how many events they plan and the people you meet
blapier
by Brenda on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:48 AM
There aren't many where I live, but our library offers preschool storytime where you read, sing songs, and play with other children. I might be putting dd in head start in September, but I think this summer ill be taking her to the preschool storytime so she can play with other kids:).
jobberwocky
by Chrissy - Admin on Apr. 3, 2014 at 12:10 PM
We go to one every week.
Alexsi1
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:50 PM

I did finally find one this morning for DS through meetup.com. I hope to meet with them sometime next week.

Quoting KelliansMom:

We have mops and a ton of groups on meetup.com in this area but I havent gone to mops and the one group I did join was dispanded soon after :(. I did find once my son got to preschool we started meeting many families to hang out with.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)