Baby's Firsts

From their first smiles to their first steps, we're here to celebrate all of your little one's milestones.

Warning: tmi- about poop

Posted by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 11:47 PM
  • 28 Replies
  • 310 Total Views
I seriously feel like I'm doing something wrong. My daughter finally poops today ( after not pooping since Wednesday). It was so hard and huge, she was screaming in pain. I had to help her and actually pull it out. She did bleed a little. The dr told me that if she bleeds I need to give her juice for a week so she has soft stools and let her bottom heal.

This happens about once a month and it breaks my heart. She eats fruits and veggies everyday. You think that would help.
by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 11:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
melliburger
by Melli on Apr. 5, 2014 at 1:27 AM

Oh poor girlie :(

KelliansMom
by Darbie - Head Admin on Apr. 5, 2014 at 2:45 AM
I would talk with her doctor first. But my niece is the same way and really does well if she keeps up with having probiotics or yogurt daily.
KylesMom409
by Linnette on Apr. 5, 2014 at 8:20 AM
Poor baby. :( When we were potty training DS, he had sensory issues going on and he screamed every time he went #2 because he couldn't handle the sensation. I felt so bad for him. I hope things get better for your little girl and just keep in touch with her doctor if you don't see any improvement. Hugs to you both!
Alexsi1
by Alexandra on Apr. 5, 2014 at 9:13 AM

Poor baby :( I would try some yogurt or strained prunes if she would eat those. Those help soften stools more. I've always heard that some juices like apple juice have alot of fiber and can harden stool.  

AbbeysMom2013
by Nicole on Apr. 5, 2014 at 9:18 AM
I know it breaks my heart

Quoting melliburger:

Oh poor girlie :(

AbbeysMom2013
by Nicole on Apr. 5, 2014 at 9:19 AM
She does actually have yogurt daily. My dr did recommend the probiotic before, and it seemed to make it worse. I know it shouldn't have.

Quoting KelliansMom: I would talk with her doctor first. But my niece is the same way and really does well if she keeps up with having probiotics or yogurt daily.
AbbeysMom2013
by Nicole on Apr. 5, 2014 at 9:20 AM
Thank you.

Quoting KylesMom409: Poor baby. :( When we were potty training DS, he had sensory issues going on and he screamed every time he went #2 because he couldn't handle the sensation. I felt so bad for him. I hope things get better for your little girl and just keep in touch with her doctor if you don't see any improvement. Hugs to you both!
KelliansMom
by Darbie - Head Admin on Apr. 5, 2014 at 9:23 AM
I have found not all of them are the same. The probiotics that you have to keep in the fridge work better sometimes.

Quoting AbbeysMom2013: She does actually have yogurt daily. My dr did recommend the probiotic before, and it seemed to make it worse. I know it shouldn't have.

Quoting KelliansMom: I would talk with her doctor first. But my niece is the same way and really does well if she keeps up with having probiotics or yogurt daily.
AbbeysMom2013
by Nicole on Apr. 5, 2014 at 9:25 AM
We do yogurt daily. We do baby food prunes sometimes but it doesn't seem to do much. We do pear juice when we do juice, that is what her dr recommended.

Quoting Alexsi1:

Poor baby :( I would try some yogurt or strained prunes if she would eat those. Those help soften stools more. I've always heard that some juices like apple juice have alot of fiber and can harden stool.  

AbbeysMom2013
by Nicole on Apr. 5, 2014 at 9:27 AM
Hmmmm I will have to ask her dr about that. Thanks for the info.

Quoting KelliansMom: I have found not all of them are the same. The probiotics that you have to keep in the fridge work better sometimes.

Quoting AbbeysMom2013: She does actually have yogurt daily. My dr did recommend the probiotic before, and it seemed to make it worse. I know it shouldn't have.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN