Baby's Firsts

From their first smiles to their first steps, we're here to celebrate all of your little one's milestones.

Warning: tmi- about poop

Posted by   + Show Post
I seriously feel like I'm doing something wrong. My daughter finally poops today ( after not pooping since Wednesday). It was so hard and huge, she was screaming in pain. I had to help her and actually pull it out. She did bleed a little. The dr told me that if she bleeds I need to give her juice for a week so she has soft stools and let her bottom heal.

This happens about once a month and it breaks my heart. She eats fruits and veggies everyday. You think that would help.
by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 11:47 PM
Replies (21-28):
AbbeysMom2013
by Nicole on Apr. 5, 2014 at 2:50 PM
She is formula fed, 11 months old. She was getting all table food, but I went back to baby food because I thought that might help.

Quoting cabrandy03: How old is she again? Is she formula fed?
You could try mixing some prune juice in with her fruit purees.

Quoting AbbeysMom2013: We tried them before, but I may have to look into it again.

Quoting cabrandy03: Maybe get her on a good pro biotic, they make liquid ones for babies.
MomToovey
by Marianne - Owner on Apr. 5, 2014 at 3:59 PM

Blueberries are the worst. If you're giving her blueberries, stop. I don't know what it is about them, they're a "superfood" after all, but they wreak havoc on babies' digestive tracts.

AbbeysMom2013
by Nicole on Apr. 5, 2014 at 4:30 PM
That's odd. I haven't given her straight blueberries yet. Maybe I should just give her green beans, they go right through her.

Quoting MomToovey:

Blueberries are the worst. If you're giving her blueberries, stop. I don't know what it is about them, they're a "superfood" after all, but they wreak havoc on babies' digestive tracts.

LoveMyBug2013
by Bronze Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 9:38 AM

Is she getting enough liquids?  I know with Bug when his food increased his milk decreased and we have to watch to make sure he gets enough liquid.

AbbeysMom2013
by Nicole on Apr. 7, 2014 at 9:40 AM
She gets 4 6oz bottles a day. Until she is one that is her main source of nutrition, so I never decreased it. I try to get her to take a sippy cup with water, but she just chews on it.

Quoting LoveMyBug2013:

Is she getting enough liquids?  I know with Bug when his food increased his milk decreased and we have to watch to make sure he gets enough liquid.

jenniferlee_12
by Silver Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 11:51 AM

This happened once this past year to my 3 year old. It is horrible, but they soon forget. It shouldn't happen every month though. 

LoveMyBug2013
by Bronze Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 11:58 AM

We had been doing about that and then Bug started spitting up a lot so we decreased the formula.  He is a pretty big eater though and we make sure he gets healthy foods.

He just figured out how to use a straw cup this week and loves it.  Just keep trying.  She'll get there.

Quoting AbbeysMom2013: She gets 4 6oz bottles a day. Until she is one that is her main source of nutrition, so I never decreased it. I try to get her to take a sippy cup with water, but she just chews on it.
Quoting LoveMyBug2013:

AbbeysMom2013
by Nicole on Apr. 7, 2014 at 12:30 PM
Thanks :) she has a sippy with a straw also. We will just keep trying.

Quoting LoveMyBug2013:

We had been doing about that and then Bug started spitting up a lot so we decreased the formula.  He is a pretty big eater though and we make sure he gets healthy foods.

He just figured out how to use a straw cup this week and loves it.  Just keep trying.  She'll get there.

Quoting AbbeysMom2013: She gets 4 6oz bottles a day. Until she is one that is her main source of nutrition, so I never decreased it. I try to get her to take a sippy cup with water, but she just chews on it.
Quoting LoveMyBug2013:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN