Baby's Firsts

From their first smiles to their first steps, we're here to celebrate all of your little one's milestones.

Drinking at kids parties

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2014 at 2:54 PM
  • 38 Replies
  • 478 Total Views
Her first birthday is next month, and is told dh no drinking. He looked at me like I was nuts. He said first birthdays are mainly for the adults anyway. It's her 1st birthday, not her 21st. I know some of his friends will show up with beer, but I'm sticking to guns, no drinking until after he party (if you choose to). I really don't think it's to much to ask.
by on Apr. 5, 2014 at 2:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MomToovey
by Marianne - Owner on Apr. 5, 2014 at 4:01 PM

I agree with you. Yes, the party is mostly for adults, but you're celebrating a baby. And alcohol shouldn't be necessary for a good time.

I went to a first birthday party a few years ago where beers were available, but not a single person took one. Just seems weird to me.

AbbeysMom2013
by Nicole on Apr. 5, 2014 at 4:32 PM
1 mom liked this
My friend served beer at her daughters first birthday last year. To each their own. But I really don't wanna look at pictures of her party and see people with alcohol.

Quoting MomToovey:

I agree with you. Yes, the party is mostly for adults, but you're celebrating a baby. And alcohol shouldn't be necessary for a good time.

I went to a first birthday party a few years ago where beers were available, but not a single person took one. Just seems weird to me.

EbonySnow
by Desiree on Apr. 5, 2014 at 4:35 PM

I'm against drinking at kids parties

Sister_Someone
by on Apr. 5, 2014 at 7:08 PM

No social gathering of mine, including kids' birthday parties, has gone without alcohol.

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Apr. 5, 2014 at 7:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting EbonySnow:

Me too.
cassie241986
by Cassandra on Apr. 5, 2014 at 10:31 PM
Me three!

Quoting KylesMom409:
Quoting EbonySnow:

Me too.
cabrandy03
by Brandy - Admin on Apr. 5, 2014 at 11:12 PM
I'm okay with drinking at kid parties if it's in moderation.
AbbeysMom2013
by Nicole on Apr. 6, 2014 at 12:20 AM
By choice? Or it just ends up happening that way?

Quoting Sister_Someone:

No social gathering of mine, including kids' birthday parties, has gone without alcohol.

AbbeysMom2013
by Nicole on Apr. 6, 2014 at 12:22 AM
I figure it's all or nothing. I would rather have nothing. Drinking tends to always bring some sort of drama.

Quoting cabrandy03: I'm okay with drinking at kid parties if it's in moderation.
melliburger
by Melli on Apr. 6, 2014 at 1:51 AM

I agree.

Quoting cabrandy03: I'm okay with drinking at kid parties if it's in moderation.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement