Baby's Firsts

From their first smiles to their first steps, we're here to celebrate all of your little one's milestones.

Drinking at kids parties

Posted by   + Show Post
Her first birthday is next month, and is told dh no drinking. He looked at me like I was nuts. He said first birthdays are mainly for the adults anyway. It's her 1st birthday, not her 21st. I know some of his friends will show up with beer, but I'm sticking to guns, no drinking until after he party (if you choose to). I really don't think it's to much to ask.
by on Apr. 5, 2014 at 2:54 PM
Replies (31-38):
jenniferlee_12
by Silver Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 11:56 AM

There is always drinking at birthday parties I go to (I don't drink), but it is one thing to have a few and another to get wasted and act like an idiot.

AbbeysMom2013
by Nicole on Apr. 7, 2014 at 12:31 PM
I guess I'm just not one that has to drink to have a good time. I really just don't see the necessity of it at a kids party.

Quoting jenniferlee_12:

There is always drinking at birthday parties I go to (I don't drink), but it is one thing to have a few and another to get wasted and act like an idiot.

newwifenmom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2014 at 2:03 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree with you
Lizzys_mommy13
by Cheree on Apr. 8, 2014 at 2:05 PM

I don't like alcohol at the kids parties either. I will let a beer slide, but if anyone thinks they will be getting drunk, they have another thing coming. 

jenniferlee_12
by Silver Member on Apr. 8, 2014 at 2:09 PM

I don't drink either, but can see both points of view.

Quoting AbbeysMom2013: I guess I'm just not one that has to drink to have a good time. I really just don't see the necessity of it at a kids party.
Quoting jenniferlee_12:

AbbeysMom2013
by Nicole on Apr. 8, 2014 at 2:11 PM
I just think it's the kids day, if you can't enjoy yourself stay home.

Quoting Lizzys_mommy13:

I don't like alcohol at the kids parties either. I will let a beer slide, but if anyone thinks they will be getting drunk, they have another thing coming. 

Lizzys_mommy13
by Cheree on Apr. 8, 2014 at 2:13 PM

My thoughts exactly!

Quoting AbbeysMom2013: I just think it's the kids day, if you can't enjoy yourself stay home.
Quoting Lizzys_mommy13:

la_bella_vita
by on Apr. 8, 2014 at 2:19 PM

I don't like drinking at kid parties but unfortunately, DH's side of the family disagree's and so does some of my family. Some people think drinking ANYWHERE is acceptable.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement