Baby's Firsts

From their first smiles to their first steps, we're here to celebrate all of your little one's milestones.

Baby's First Steps

Posted by on Apr. 7, 2014 at 2:05 AM
  • 29 Replies
  • 1272 Total Views

First they're rolling over. Then they're scooting. Then they're crawling. And then finally, they take those first few hesitant steps.

There's nothing like catching the miracle of your child's first steps. Whether it's just one step or a few, you'll most likely never forget when and where it happened. My son took his first steps at his cousin's birthday party. Consequently, it was one day after his own first birthday. There were lots of witnesses! He only took about one and a half steps and then fell flat on his bottom. But I could tell by the look on his face that he was as surprised as we were that he finally made it happen!

We continued to encourage him and guide him through our halls with our hands, but he preferred crawling much more. It was if he wanted to try walking just to see if he could do it, and once he found out that he could, he was satisfied enough.

I look back on those days of wishing he would just get up and walk, and compare them to today where he's a full fledged running machine.

Moms, when did your toddle take his first steps?

by on Apr. 7, 2014 at 2:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mama-First
by on Apr. 7, 2014 at 2:14 AM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Mine just did last week! He's 13 months old and has been standing solo for a long time, but refusing to budge. He's pretty proud of himself now!

melliburger
by Melli on Apr. 7, 2014 at 2:33 AM

I honestly don't remember. I might have written it down somewhere?

KylesMom409
I have no idea how DH handles what's going on with his health. He's been diabetic for 21 years and now he has celiac disease. :(
Yesterday at 8:59 PM
by Linnette on Apr. 7, 2014 at 6:56 AM
DS was 11 months.
kellynh
by Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 8:32 AM

Bittersweet post as my 9mth old will soon hit this goal

kellynh
by Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 8:32 AM

He's my 5th and final baby too

Quoting kellynh:

Bittersweet post as my 9mth old will soon hit this goal

kellynh
by Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 8:34 AM

Jenna (22) was 10 mths

Bails (13) was 11 mths

Hannah (5) was 18 mths

Wyatt (2) was 8 mths 

kellynh
by Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 8:34 AM

What a cutie!

Quoting Mama-First:

Mobile Photo

Mine just did last week! He's 13 months old and has been standing solo for a long time, but refusing to budge. He's pretty proud of himself now!

kellynh
by Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 8:35 AM

Mobile Photo

I. Hoping for 2 more months with this one :)
Wish2Be
by on Apr. 7, 2014 at 8:36 AM

I think my guy is a show off.....he actually took his first steps at my best friends wedding reception !!! 

He rolled at her house on Easter Sunday for the first time too. 

:)

Mama-First
by on Apr. 7, 2014 at 8:37 AM

Quoting kellynh:

What a cutie!

Quoting Mama-First:

Mobile Photo

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement