Baby's Firsts

From their first smiles to their first steps, we're here to celebrate all of your little one's milestones.

Baby's First Steps

Posted by   + Show Post

First they're rolling over. Then they're scooting. Then they're crawling. And then finally, they take those first few hesitant steps.

There's nothing like catching the miracle of your child's first steps. Whether it's just one step or a few, you'll most likely never forget when and where it happened. My son took his first steps at his cousin's birthday party. Consequently, it was one day after his own first birthday. There were lots of witnesses! He only took about one and a half steps and then fell flat on his bottom. But I could tell by the look on his face that he was as surprised as we were that he finally made it happen!

We continued to encourage him and guide him through our halls with our hands, but he preferred crawling much more. It was if he wanted to try walking just to see if he could do it, and once he found out that he could, he was satisfied enough.

I look back on those days of wishing he would just get up and walk, and compare them to today where he's a full fledged running machine.

Moms, when did your toddle take his first steps?

by on Apr. 7, 2014 at 2:05 AM
Replies (21-29):
timon95
by on Apr. 7, 2014 at 11:43 AM

ds started about 2 weeks before his sister was born. had to bribe him with m&m minis. dd started early, before she was 1

jenniferlee_12
by Silver Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 11:52 AM

My daughter started walking at 9 months.

SCL_HF
by on Apr. 7, 2014 at 11:56 AM

Maybe 15-16mo? I can't honestly remember the exact month. 

..LovemyThree..
by on Apr. 7, 2014 at 11:59 AM
First was 10 or 11 months, second was 10 months. My baby is 8 months and not interested, she's a super crawler.
EbonySnow
by Desiree on Apr. 7, 2014 at 12:30 PM

a couple weeks before her 1st birthday

Alexsi1
by Alexandra on Apr. 7, 2014 at 2:17 PM

It was Valentines Day 2012, one day before his 1st birthday.

SophiaKsMom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 2:51 PM
Dd 1 was 12 months. Dd 2 was 11 months.
WILDCATGAL78
by Silver Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 9:18 PM

My daughter was 11 months. She will be 14 months tomorrow

MomToovey
by Marianne - Owner on Apr. 8, 2014 at 2:40 PM

Mere days before her first birthday.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN