Baby's Firsts

From their first smiles to their first steps, we're here to celebrate all of your little one's milestones.

Hi....

Posted by on Apr. 27, 2014 at 6:12 AM
  • 12 Replies
  • 193 Total Views
Hi :) I saw a post from this group and thought I'd join, since it seemed like a good group. I didn't realize it was geared more towards first time moms, I'm not. I'm 23, a mom of 3 kids, two boys who are 4 and 2, and a baby girl who is 3 months. I am also pregnant, due in December with twins. Unexpected, huge shock, but it is what it is. I'm a registered nurse, I work in the emergency room, part time, but I think that's going to change to PRN or not at all, with two babies coming, staying home is smarter. I've been married almost 3 years. If you'd like me to leave the group, since I'm pretty far removed from a ftm, just let me know. Otherwise, I'll hang out :)
by on Apr. 27, 2014 at 6:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Alexsi1
by Alexandra on Apr. 27, 2014 at 8:27 AM

Welcome! I'm Alexandra, I'm also an RN. I work PRN right now. My son is 3. Congrats on the twins!

booaura
by Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 8:30 AM

Quoting Alexsi1:

Welcome! I'm Alexandra, I'm also an RN. I work PRN right now. My son is 3. Congrats on the twins!

Alexsi1
by Alexandra on Apr. 27, 2014 at 8:31 AM

Oncology. It's rewarding but challenging all at once. I don't know if I could ever work an ER though. I'm not brave enough lol.

Quoting booaura: Thanks :) what area do you work in?
Quoting Alexsi1:

booaura
by Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 8:32 AM
1 mom liked this
I floated to pediatric oncology once. I loved it, but have never cried so hard either. I can't imagine doing it full time. I love the ER, I don't think I'll ever willingly leave :)

Quoting Alexsi1:

Oncology. It's rewarding but challenging all at once. I don't know if I could ever work an ER though. I'm not brave enough lol.

Quoting Alexsi1:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Alexsi1
by Alexandra on Apr. 27, 2014 at 8:35 AM

Did you start out in the ER? I started in orthopedics (ugh) and went to med/surg/tele for a couple of years and have been doing oncology for the past 4.

Quoting booaura: I floated to pediatric oncology once. I loved it, but have never cried so hard either. I can't imagine doing it full time. I love the ER, I don't think I'll ever willingly leave :)
Quoting Alexsi1:

Quoting Alexsi1:

booaura
by Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 8:37 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes, I started out in the ER. I've floated to a lot of different areas, but the ER is where I'm most comfortable.

Quoting Alexsi1:

Did you start out in the ER? I started in orthopedics (ugh) and went to med/surg/tele for a couple of years and have been doing oncology for the past 4.

Quoting booaura: I floated to pediatric oncology once. I loved it, but have never cried so hard either. I can't imagine doing it full time. I love the ER, I don't think I'll ever willingly leave :)
Quoting Alexsi1:

Quoting Alexsi1:

AbbeysMom2013
by Nicole on Apr. 27, 2014 at 9:26 AM
Hello and welcome. This group is awesome, and I don't think it really matters if you are a first time mom.

I bet you see all sorts of crazy stuff in the er. I don't think that is a job I could ever do. I worked retail as a general manager for 10 years before leaving when I had my daughter.

I have always wanted twins :) but somedays I can't even imagine that. It's hard trying to keep one happy some days.
cabrandy03
by Brandy - Admin on Apr. 27, 2014 at 10:31 AM
Welcome, this group is great and there are plenty of non first time moms here too so you are more then welcome to stay :-)
EbonySnow
by Desiree on Apr. 27, 2014 at 1:41 PM

everyone is welcome! I bet you can give great advice to some of the moms here!

jobberwocky
by Chrissy - Admin on Apr. 27, 2014 at 2:34 PM
Welcome to the group.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement