Baby's Firsts

From their first smiles to their first steps, we're here to celebrate all of your little one's milestones.

when is it safe to let babies sleep on their belliesl

Posted by on May. 2, 2014 at 11:34 PM
  • 32 Replies
  • 414 Total Views
My daughter is 7 months old and she is rolling over on her own and she has done it in crib.
by on May. 2, 2014 at 11:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AbbeysMom2013
by Nicole on May. 3, 2014 at 12:12 AM
1 mom liked this
You should always put baby down on their backs, if she is able to roll over on her own she is fine. Just make sure there isn't anything but baby in the crib.

Those first few nights my daughter started sleeping on her tummy were nerve racking.
melliburger
by Melli on May. 3, 2014 at 12:54 AM

She sounds old enough to be just fine especially if she's rolling over on her own.

alkakfnxcpoem
by Member on May. 3, 2014 at 12:55 AM

Jack started sleeping on his belly pretty much as soon as he could roll over. I know you're not supposed to but I just put him down on his belly because he sleeps longer that way. He just wakes up mad immediately if I try to put him on his back. He's 7 months now. I think he started belly sleeping around 4 months? I really can't remember anymore.

KelliansMom
by Darbie - Head Admin on May. 3, 2014 at 4:33 AM
Once they can roll they can sleep on their belly.
mrswillie
by Member on May. 3, 2014 at 6:50 AM
My kids are older and with each the doctor told me different things.
Alexsi1
by Alexandra on May. 3, 2014 at 8:42 AM
I always heard once they were rolling they were fine. I always laid ds down back first though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KylesMom409
by Linnette on May. 3, 2014 at 9:26 AM
Quoting Alexsi1: I always heard once they were rolling they were fine. I always laid ds down back first though.

This.
cassie241986
by Cassandra on May. 3, 2014 at 10:49 AM

Quoting Alexsi1: I always heard once they were rolling they were fine. I always laid ds down back first though.
Lotusblooming
by New Member on May. 3, 2014 at 12:44 PM

We have since she was born, it was the only way she would sleep. Never had a problem and now she is rolling so I don't worry at all. 

christina122952
by Annistaysia's mom on May. 3, 2014 at 1:28 PM
Thanks, that is very helpful.

Quoting Lotusblooming:

We have since she was born, it was the only way she would sleep. Never had a problem and now she is rolling so I don't worry at all. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement