Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do I stop...

Posted by on May. 4, 2014 at 9:05 PM
  • 20 Replies
  • 410 Total Views

...my baby from grinding his teeth?

My 10-month-old son has his two bottom front teeth and the upper tooth to the left of his front teeth poking through. He has been rubbing those bottom teeth against that top nub and I'm worried it's going to chip, cause a problem with it's growth, or hurt him! He's not too interested in teething toys... I've tried that.

Has any mom here had this issue? What can I do to stop the grinding? 

by on May. 4, 2014 at 9:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AbbeysMom2013
by Nicole - Admin on May. 4, 2014 at 9:42 PM
Yes my daughter has been doing this about a month now. I haven't found a way to stop or discourage it :(
KylesMom409
by Linnette - Admin on May. 4, 2014 at 9:50 PM

Here's a bump! DS never did that.

Mom.Of.Two.2
by Member on May. 4, 2014 at 9:58 PM
So weird! I've never heard of this! Ah!

Does your daughter seem really uncomfortable when she's teething pretty bad?

Quoting AbbeysMom2013: Yes my daughter has been doing this about a month now. I haven't found a way to stop or discourage it :(
Mom.Of.Two.2
by Member on May. 4, 2014 at 10:00 PM
Thanks, love! :-)

Quoting KylesMom409:

Here's a bump! DS never did that.

KelliansMom
by Darbie - Head Admin on May. 4, 2014 at 10:06 PM
It's normal, nothing you can really do. Baby is just testing out the new teeth.
AbbeysMom2013
by Nicole - Admin on May. 4, 2014 at 10:11 PM
Yes she gets super cranky and uncomfortable while teething.

Quoting Mom.Of.Two.2: So weird! I've never heard of this! Ah!

Quoting AbbeysMom2013: Yes my daughter has been doing this about a month now. I haven't found a way to stop or discourage it :(
melliburger
by Melli on May. 4, 2014 at 10:18 PM

No idea here :(

Mom.Of.Two.2
by Member on May. 4, 2014 at 10:31 PM
The only time my son is really fussy is nighttime. I give him a small dose of children's Motrin and it helps a lot, but my husband doesn't like it when I "pump our son with chemicals" lol Do you use meds for your baby to take the edge off?

Quoting AbbeysMom2013: Yes she gets super cranky and uncomfortable while teething.

AbbeysMom2013
by Nicole - Admin on May. 4, 2014 at 11:01 PM
We usually use the highlands natural teething tablets. But sometimes we use pain reliever, not often though. But I do use it 48 hours after shots because my dr reccomends it.

Quoting Mom.Of.Two.2: The only time my son is really fussy is nighttime. I give him a small dose of children's Motrin and it helps a lot, but my husband doesn't like it when I "pump our son with chemicals" lol Do you use meds for your baby to take the edge off?

Quoting AbbeysMom2013: Yes she gets super cranky and uncomfortable while teething.

Mom.Of.Two.2
by Member on May. 4, 2014 at 11:03 PM
Oh yea! The tablets! I need to get those. Could a 10-mo chew them easily you think?

Quoting AbbeysMom2013: We usually use the highlands natural teething tablets. But sometimes we use pain reliever, not often though. But I do use it 48 hours after shots because my dr reccomends it.

Quoting Mom.Of.Two.2: The only time my son is really fussy is nighttime. I give him a small dose of children's Motrin and it helps a lot, but my husband doesn't like it when I "pump our son with chemicals" lol Do you use meds for your baby to take the edge off?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)