Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you sooth your lo after shots?

Posted by on Jun. 16, 2014 at 1:24 PM
  • 18 Replies
  • 219 Total Views
We always made my daughter a small bottle. But now she isn't really getting a bottle much, so looking for new ways to sooth/distract her.
by on Jun. 16, 2014 at 1:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Alexsi1
by Alexandra on Jun. 16, 2014 at 2:49 PM

I take his favorite small toy with him and talk to try to soothe him. Usually he just wants to be held for a few minutes afterwards.

cabrandy03
by Brandy - Admin on Jun. 16, 2014 at 3:03 PM
I nursed when dd was younger. Now she doesn't seems to need me to do much but hold her while they give it to her. The nurse always has a little prize for her afterwards and it's usually enough to cheer her up.
AbbeysMom2013
by Nicole - Admin on Jun. 16, 2014 at 4:11 PM
Anything I have tried to give her besides a bottle she throws. Might just have to hurry her out.

Quoting Alexsi1:

I take his favorite small toy with him and talk to try to soothe him. Usually he just wants to be held for a few minutes afterwards.

AbbeysMom2013
by Nicole - Admin on Jun. 16, 2014 at 4:13 PM
That's awesome :) hopefully my dd does okay. Her 15 month checkup is a month and a half away. But still dreading it.

Quoting cabrandy03: I nursed when dd was younger. Now she doesn't seems to need me to do much but hold her while they give it to her. The nurse always has a little prize for her afterwards and it's usually enough to cheer her up.
KelliansMom
by Darbie - Head Admin on Jun. 16, 2014 at 5:51 PM

He took his binki after shots till he was two. After that we always went for ice cream after the appointment

AbbeysMom2013
by Nicole - Admin on Jun. 16, 2014 at 7:40 PM
She would love the ice cream. Throws the binky pol

Quoting KelliansMom:

He took his binki after shots till he was two. After that we always went for ice cream after the appointment

christina122952
by on Jun. 16, 2014 at 8:22 PM
My daughter had two shots today and finger prick. Take a favorite toy. My daughter iron levels were low and needs to take a multivitamin
melliburger
by Melli on Jun. 17, 2014 at 1:31 AM

We offer a small treat and lots of snuggles.

LoveMyBug2013
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2014 at 6:59 AM

We try not to use food for comfort.  We generally just hold and cuddle him.  We make sure to wait a few minutes before offering milk so that he doesn't associate the pain/discomfort with eating because that could lead to obesity and he's already at risk.

KylesMom409
by Linnette - Admin on Jun. 17, 2014 at 7:56 AM
Same here. :)

Quoting melliburger:

We offer a small treat and lots of snuggles.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN