Baby's Firsts

From their first smiles to their first steps, we're here to celebrate all of your little one's milestones.

How do you sooth your lo after shots?

Posted by on Jun. 16, 2014 at 1:24 PM
  • 18 Replies
  • 177 Total Views
We always made my daughter a small bottle. But now she isn't really getting a bottle much, so looking for new ways to sooth/distract her.
by on Jun. 16, 2014 at 1:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Alexsi1
by Alexandra on Jun. 16, 2014 at 2:49 PM

I take his favorite small toy with him and talk to try to soothe him. Usually he just wants to be held for a few minutes afterwards.

cabrandy03
by Brandy - Admin on Jun. 16, 2014 at 3:03 PM
I nursed when dd was younger. Now she doesn't seems to need me to do much but hold her while they give it to her. The nurse always has a little prize for her afterwards and it's usually enough to cheer her up.
AbbeysMom2013
by Nicole on Jun. 16, 2014 at 4:11 PM
Anything I have tried to give her besides a bottle she throws. Might just have to hurry her out.

Quoting Alexsi1:

I take his favorite small toy with him and talk to try to soothe him. Usually he just wants to be held for a few minutes afterwards.

AbbeysMom2013
by Nicole on Jun. 16, 2014 at 4:13 PM
That's awesome :) hopefully my dd does okay. Her 15 month checkup is a month and a half away. But still dreading it.

Quoting cabrandy03: I nursed when dd was younger. Now she doesn't seems to need me to do much but hold her while they give it to her. The nurse always has a little prize for her afterwards and it's usually enough to cheer her up.
KelliansMom
by Darbie - Head Admin on Jun. 16, 2014 at 5:51 PM

He took his binki after shots till he was two. After that we always went for ice cream after the appointment

AbbeysMom2013
by Nicole on Jun. 16, 2014 at 7:40 PM
She would love the ice cream. Throws the binky pol

Quoting KelliansMom:

He took his binki after shots till he was two. After that we always went for ice cream after the appointment

christina122952
by on Jun. 16, 2014 at 8:22 PM
My daughter had two shots today and finger prick. Take a favorite toy. My daughter iron levels were low and needs to take a multivitamin
melliburger
by Melli on Jun. 17, 2014 at 1:31 AM

We offer a small treat and lots of snuggles.

LoveMyBug2013
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2014 at 6:59 AM

We try not to use food for comfort.  We generally just hold and cuddle him.  We make sure to wait a few minutes before offering milk so that he doesn't associate the pain/discomfort with eating because that could lead to obesity and he's already at risk.

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Jun. 17, 2014 at 7:56 AM
Same here. :)

Quoting melliburger:

We offer a small treat and lots of snuggles.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement