Baby's Firsts

From their first smiles to their first steps, we're here to celebrate all of your little one's milestones.

What's in Your Diaper Bag?

Posted by on Jun. 18, 2014 at 12:00 AM
  • 34 Replies
  • 1054 Total Views

Packing the perfect diaper bag means something different for everyone. Some people can get away with a handful of diapers and wipes, whereas others need a few more "necessities." Like snacks for ourselves. So many snacks.

One thing I always intended to do was keep a laminated list of my diaper bag's contents with the diaper bag so I could easily check that we were fully stocked before we'd go out. My sister-in-law was really smart in that she'd immediately restock her diaper bag as soon as she got home, when she still remembered what needed to be replaced. 

I never got around to making either of those brilliant solutions part of our routine, but truly, the most helpful thing would probably have been an app/alarm/monkey butler to remind me to actually take the diaper bag with me every time I left the house with the baby. Oops. 

My diaper bag needs changed several times as my sons grew from newborns into infants into toddlers, and it seemed like each time they hit a new developmental milestone (starting solid foods, learning to walk), I got to give my diaper bag a little makeover. Some things remained must-haves, though, and I thought it would be fun/helpful to see what we all keep with us while out and about with our babies. Here's my list:

• diapers
  • wipes
  • changing pad
  • butt powder/cream
  • burp rags
  • complete change of clothes for baby
  • spare T-shirt for me
  • plastic Ziploc bag to store anything, um, wet
  • muslin swaddling blanket (great as a burp rag or nursing cover too!)
  • sunscreen
  • baby hat
  • small books/toys
  • drool bibs
  • eating bibs
  • baby snacks
  • mama snacks
  • hand sanitizer
  • band-aids 
  • definitely NOT the baby, as cute as that photo is at the top of the post

Okay, your turn. What are your diaper bag must-haves?

Image © iStock.com/Roxana_ro

by on Jun. 18, 2014 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
melliburger
by Melli on Jun. 18, 2014 at 12:09 AM

Now that he's older, we just take some extra pull ups, an extra juice box, a spare outfit, and whatever toys he wants to bring. Sometimes the Kindle or his innotab.

christina122952
by on Jun. 18, 2014 at 12:49 AM
Most of the stuff on the list
cassie241986
by Cassandra on Jun. 18, 2014 at 9:31 AM
Pull ups, wipes,change of clothes, snacks, hair bows, brush, lotion, hand sanitizer, I also keep my wallet, keys, and other personal items in there. I use it as diaper bag and purse in one lol.
Alexsi1
by Alexandra on Jun. 18, 2014 at 10:11 AM

He's older now, so we just have a change of clothes, underwear, snacks and a juice box. If it's going to be a all day excursion we take some games and electronics.

goddess99
by on Jun. 18, 2014 at 10:23 AM

diapers, wipes, disposable changing pads, diaper sacks, rash ointment, burp clothes.

SCL_HF
by Court on Jun. 18, 2014 at 10:55 AM

DS is almost 3 so we don't really use a diaper bag anymore. We use a little superman backpack that DS carries around ;) In the backpack there is usually a change of pants/shorts, 2-3 diapers and a couple of wipes, his water cup and some kind of light snack. :)

jessicasmom1
by on Jun. 18, 2014 at 12:42 PM

wipes

jessicasmom1
by on Jun. 18, 2014 at 12:48 PM

dipers

jessicasmom1
by on Jun. 18, 2014 at 12:53 PM

extra clothes

jessicasmom1
by on Jun. 18, 2014 at 12:53 PM

bottles 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement