Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Separation anxiety

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 7:08 AM
  • 7 Replies
  • 222 Total Views

How do you handle separation anxiety with your LO?  DD freaks out whenver I try to leave her alone wth daddy.  I know it's temporary but it's still causing me stress.

by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 7:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
AbbeysMom2013
by Nicole - Admin on Jun. 29, 2014 at 9:00 AM
Well I can't even leave the room sometimes, if I really need to do something (like use the bathroom) I will just let her cry a little.

As far as leaving her with dh, I usually sneak out when she is distracted.
KylesMom409
by Linnette - Admin on Jun. 29, 2014 at 9:06 AM
I remember going through that with DS. It was so hard having to leave him but I had to go to work. I cried, he cried, but once he got used to the routine and each time I told him that Mommy would be back later to pick him up, he got better and wasn't as upset each time.
melliburger
by Melli on Jun. 29, 2014 at 11:42 PM

We haven't had anything like that to deal with yet :/ Usually when we leave he says bye, gives us a hug and goes about his business.

sanj1213
by on Jun. 30, 2014 at 12:10 AM

Ds used to cry every time daddy left for work. He just stopped crying one day and told him bye. I suppose he knew he was coming back:)

Alexsi1
by on Jun. 30, 2014 at 9:47 AM

DS did that for a bit anytime I went somewhere. He finally stopped doing it one day.

christina122952
by on Jun. 30, 2014 at 12:58 PM
Have not been through that yet.
Kmakksmom
by on Jul. 9, 2014 at 5:11 PM

I don't remember how I did it, I just did.  Our girls cried all the time when I left to go to work.  It broke my heart, but it had to be done.  Our son was much better at the whole separation anxiety thing.  He'd just wave bye bye and turn back to whatever he was doing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)