Baby's Firsts

From their first smiles to their first steps, we're here to celebrate all of your little one's milestones.

When Only Mom Will Do

Posted by on Jun. 30, 2014 at 1:05 AM
  • 29 Replies
  • 897 Total Views

My toddler is going through an exhausting phase. He is very, very attached to me. And only me. If he wakes up in the night, only I can sooth him. If he's fussy, only I can make it all better. If he's hungry, I am the one and only who can feed him. He wants to be picked up all the time. And on and on the list goes.

While I'm totally flattered, I'm also very tired. My arms ache. My eyes are starting to close as I write this. But like anything, it's a phase. Time goes by so quickly. It won't be long before he's running around with his friends on the playground and won't even notice I'm there.

This is what I keep on reminding myself - to enjoy the small moments no matter how trying they may be. There's nothing sweeter than a baby reaching up for his mama and nothing more rewarding than putting a smile on his face.

Moms, did your toddler go through a similar stage? How did you deal with it?

by on Jun. 30, 2014 at 1:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
melliburger
by Melli on Jun. 30, 2014 at 1:14 AM

We go through little spurts of it sometimes. Some days only Daddy can make things better, and other days only Mommy can help. We just go with it

AbbeysMom2013
by Nicole on Jun. 30, 2014 at 3:55 AM
My dd is doing this. I have to be within two feet of her. I don't have to be interacting with her, but if I move she screams. It's tiring, but like you I remind myself it's a phase. And cherish the moments because someday she will not need/want me as much.

Hang in there mama. How old is your son?
KylesMom409
I have no idea how DH handles what's going on with his health. He's been diabetic for 21 years and now he has celiac disease. :(
Sunday at 8:59 PM
by Linnette on Jun. 30, 2014 at 7:07 AM
Oh yeah, I remember those days. Now my son is 7 and it seems like light years ago that he was going through that phase. Luckily he still likes me to pick him up and hold him but those times are becoming few and far between. So bittersweet as our babies grow up!
johnny4ever
by on Jun. 30, 2014 at 8:18 AM

Yes we sure did.

jobberwocky
by Chrissy - Admin on Jun. 30, 2014 at 8:59 AM
We go though that every now and than. It doesn't last forever. I just enjoy that my son needs me. He is so independent now that when he has those times where he wants to be held then I eagerly do it.
cassie241986
by Cassandra on Jun. 30, 2014 at 9:05 AM
Yes, Chloe has her days where she's still like this. Only mommy can do it and others only daddy can do it. We just go with it. She won't be little long.
Alexsi1
by Alexandra on Jun. 30, 2014 at 9:42 AM

Yes we do. Some things he only wants me for.

la_bella_vita
by on Jun. 30, 2014 at 11:20 AM

Oh yes!

goddess99
by on Jun. 30, 2014 at 11:23 AM

I was a single mom until my dd was around 5 so it was always me. I loved every second.

WILDCATGAL78
by Bronze Member on Jun. 30, 2014 at 11:51 AM

We are in the same phase now too! The hardest for me is when we're out running errands and she doesn't want to sit in the cart :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement