Baby's Firsts

From their first smiles to their first steps, we're here to celebrate all of your little one's milestones.

Change Habits, Not Diapers! Potty training your baby at 6 months of age.

Posted by on Jul. 6, 2014 at 4:25 PM
  • 18 Replies
  • 470 Total Views

Hi everyone,

I am not sure if anyone heard about Mongolian Method? 

I thought this might help you all. I wrote a potty training programm book. When your baby turn 6 months old, how to train your baby on the potty. It is easy to follow, and your baby will quit the diaper at very young age. It'll help  you save your money, help to save the environment (save the trees cut down, save the land), healtier baby, hussle free, and  bragging rights. You will surprise with result! The book is available by www.mongolianmethod.com

by on Jul. 6, 2014 at 4:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KelliansMom
by Darbie - Head Admin on Jul. 6, 2014 at 4:58 PM

I just dont see my self doing that for my baby, we will wait till they are ready and willing to train just easier for us. 

AbbeysMom2013
by Nicole on Jul. 6, 2014 at 6:11 PM
That seems a little early. I think we will wait until she shows signs.
KylesMom409
by Linnette on Jul. 6, 2014 at 7:24 PM
Seems way early to me. DS was potty trained at 3 and it worked out great timing wise for him.
cassie241986
by Cassandra on Jul. 6, 2014 at 7:35 PM
Seems way to early to me.
Bettybel
by New Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 7:51 PM

Babies are not born in diapers. It is not natural to be in diapers. Mongolian nomads know this. Westerners have forgotten this. Some doctors say to start training at 3 years old, but they are paid by diaper companies to say that. It seems early, but it is not early for the baby. That is why diapers are multi-billion dollar industry in America, and hardly used at all in Mongolia. Because we have known this method  for centuries that babies are ready to get out of diapers as soon as possible. 

Babies don't want  to poo in thier pants any more than you do. Only resason why I mentioned this is, because I want to help out many moms to save money, have healtier babies, save the environment. 

blapier
by Brenda on Jul. 6, 2014 at 9:04 PM
Seems way too early to me. I'll take dds cues, I know she won't be going to hs in diapers/pull ups so no need to rush things:).
Bettybel
by New Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 9:50 PM

It is no rush, I and my siblings started at 5 months old. I trained my kids at 6 months old. My American husband didn't believe it either. He told me,"Death, taxes, and diapers three things you can't avoid." Couple months later he was a believer. All Mongolian children are trained this early. I didn't even know diapers existed till I  came to America. I was 28 years old. 

By the way what is this dds cues?

jobberwocky
by Chrissy - Admin on Jul. 6, 2014 at 10:47 PM
Glad it works for you. It's definitely not for everyone. Sounds like the same as elimination communication.

We decided it wasn't for our family but used cloth diapers so we saved a ton of money and didn't add to the landfill.
ChantalT
by New Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 11:03 PM

Hey all!  Gotta be honest, I'm new here and thought I was just signing up for the Kmart rewards but now I've gotten sucked in and had to post.  Potty-training might be a sensitive subject for some however since most of the posts here seem to be slightly negative towards the idea of "infant potty-training" I'm gonna lend my voice in support of Bettybel and say that its totally possible.  My own father-in-law always swore he was potty-trained by 9 months and he's a good ol' american boy raised in Wyoming.  Most of us just laughed it off for the longest time since his mom wasn't around to prove/disprove what he said (may she rest in peace) but then his much older sister (he's one of 12) happened to visit and it came up and she confirmed it.  Necessity is the mother of invention and suffice it to say that raising 12 kids on a very tight budget in the middle of nowhere proved to be incentive enough for Grandma to figure out that infant potty-training can be done.  I haven't had the opportunity to try it for myself because by the time I realized it might be a viable alternative to traditional potty-training my "baby" was already out of diapers, but I have a sister and a friend who've been experimenting with the methodology of infant potty-training (or elimination communication as jobberwocky referenced) and seeing some success, after all, every time their children use the toilet instead of a diaper, that's less money out of their budgets and less garbage in the landfills, both of which are wonderful things.  If we're ever blessed with another child I would definitely look into this as we're already of the attachment parenting, co-sleeping, granola(ish) mindset and I'd love to reduce even my infant's carbon footprint.  I took the time to visit Bettybel's site and she seems like any one of us just trying to live her "American Dream" while sharing information that could prove useful to others.  I for one hope she does well and next time I'm invited to a baby shower I'll do as the site suggests and gift a copy of the Mongolian Method as a baby shower gift (also less junk to end up in landfills :) ).

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Jul. 7, 2014 at 6:53 AM
DD stands for dear daughter. :) DS stands for dear son.

Quoting Bettybel:

It is no rush, I and my siblings started at 5 months old. I trained my kids at 6 months old. My American husband didn't believe it either. He told me,"Death, taxes, and diapers three things you can't avoid." Couple months later he was a believer. All Mongolian children are trained this early. I didn't even know diapers existed till I  came to America. I was 28 years old. 

By the way what is this dds cues?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement