Baby's Firsts

From their first smiles to their first steps, we're here to celebrate all of your little one's milestones.

Gerber Arrowroot Cookies

Posted by on Jul. 7, 2014 at 11:27 AM
  • 12 Replies
  • 231 Total Views

i bought some because per ounce they were a good price compared to some "snacks"

im not familiar with arrowroot. i googled it after purhcase and it supposedly is good for digestion or something

but i tried them and they seem too sweet for a baby. I know fruit is sweet, but unless arrowroot is sweet these clearly have a lot of sugar. 

what do you guys think? do you buy them? 

any other suggestions for snacks that arent super expensive? (anything, not just processed crap)

thanks!

by on Jul. 7, 2014 at 11:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cassie241986
by Cassandra on Jul. 7, 2014 at 11:41 AM
1 mom liked this
Dd loved the Gerber puffs and yogurt bites as a baby. Now she has lots of diced fruit and apple sauce pouches for snacks.we never tried the cookies so I have no advise on them.
AbbeysMom2013
by Nicole on Jul. 7, 2014 at 12:40 PM
1 mom liked this
For snacks we do strawberries, graham crackers, goldfish, Cheerios, cheese, apples sauce (she really likes the strawberry apple sauce), yogurt.
KelliansMom
by Darbie - Head Admin on Jul. 7, 2014 at 12:42 PM
2 moms liked this

I got those for teething for my oldest, he really never ate the whole thing. What you eat for snacks baby can too :) no need to really buy the gerber stuff 

DomDuck
by Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 1:25 PM

how old? my baby is almost 1 year

Quoting AbbeysMom2013: For snacks we do strawberries, graham crackers, goldfish, Cheerios, cheese, apples sauce (she really likes the strawberry apple sauce), yogurt.

DomDuck
by Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 1:28 PM

ehhhhh while i eat a LOT of healthy things, I eat a lot of bad stuff too unfortunately. I want my baby to eat GOOD things and not be a "sweets monster" like me as I'm called in the house. i mean i grab 2 tortilla chips and a slice of pepperjack cheese as a snack for me. shes only one so im not so sure about some things...is spicy food ok? we eat spicy food haha

thanks for the tips!!!!

Quoting KelliansMom:

I got those for teething for my oldest, he really never ate the whole thing. What you eat for snacks baby can too :) no need to really buy the gerber stuff 

KelliansMom
by Darbie - Head Admin on Jul. 7, 2014 at 1:43 PM
1 mom liked this
When my oldest was one he was eating what I ate. He loved spicy food then. We are getting through a picky stage right now. But he always gets what we eat.

Quoting DomDuck:

ehhhhh while i eat a LOT of healthy things, I eat a lot of bad stuff too unfortunately. I want my baby to eat GOOD things and not be a "sweets monster" like me as I'm called in the house. i mean i grab 2 tortilla chips and a slice of pepperjack cheese as a snack for me. shes only one so im not so sure about some things...is spicy food ok? we eat spicy food haha

thanks for the tips!!!!

Quoting KelliansMom:

AbbeysMom2013
by Nicole on Jul. 7, 2014 at 3:07 PM
1 mom liked this
She is 14 months. I still fed her all that before one, besides the strawberries. If you use the big holes on a cheese grater for zucchini, cucumbers, apples .... It's much easier for them to eat under one.

Quoting DomDuck:

how old? my baby is almost 1 year

Quoting AbbeysMom2013: For snacks we do strawberries, graham crackers, goldfish, Cheerios, cheese, apples sauce (she really likes the strawberry apple sauce), yogurt.

cabrandy03
by Brandy - Admin on Jul. 7, 2014 at 5:58 PM
Most Gerber snacks are really high in sodium or sugar or both.
KylesMom409
by Linnette on Jul. 7, 2014 at 7:46 PM
I've noticed that too.

Quoting cabrandy03: Most Gerber snacks are really high in sodium or sugar or both.
Alexsi1
by Alexandra on Jul. 7, 2014 at 9:03 PM
1 mom liked this

We did fruits like bananas, strawberries, applesauce, apples. DS liked watermelon once he got some teeth. For veggies carrots, green beans, steamed broccoli. I also gave him Cheerios. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement