Baby's Firsts

From their first smiles to their first steps, we're here to celebrate all of your little one's milestones.

Baby's first booboo

Posted by on Jul. 7, 2014 at 12:21 PM
  • 21 Replies
  • 382 Total Views

Ok so this is still bothering me for some reason.

Last week my 6 mnth old was in her crib and I was standing next to it (she didnt want to go bed)

The next thing I knew she sat straight up from a lying postion (first time she made it straight up)

Then she went head first into the rails of the crib. (we have two cribs and this one doesnt have a bumper pad, which experts say you shouldnt have till baby is 1 yr old, bull crap)

So, long story short she hit the side of her head and had a red mark (no bruise the next day)

I still almost two weeks later feel horrible because I was standing right there and didnt stop her from falling over.

Just want to hear what your babies first booboo was and what age?

by on Jul. 7, 2014 at 12:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AbbeysMom2013
by Nicole on Jul. 7, 2014 at 12:37 PM
About 11 months dd was pulling herself up at the coffee table. Dad was right next to her, but she slipped. She hit her head on the inside corner and had a instant L shaped bruise. Is puffed up instantly. We went to the er. I was mad at dh for a whole because he was sitting next to her. The er dr could tell I was a first time mom and her first real boo boo.
beckyv1972
by on Jul. 7, 2014 at 12:42 PM

Quoting AbbeysMom2013: About 11 months dd was pulling herself up at the coffee table. Dad was right next to her, but she slipped. She hit her head on the inside corner and had a instant L shaped bruise. Is puffed up instantly. We went to the er. I was mad at dh for a whole because he was sitting next to her. The er dr could tell I was a first time mom and her first real boo boo.

Yea this is nothing compared to what my oldest did to her sister when they were little. I was vacuuming the floor and had my youngest daughter in a bouncer on the couch (never do that again), she was not even a mnth old and her older sister which was a toddler must of tried to get her out of the bouncer and tipped it over. Long story short the baby hit the coffee table and had a mark from her forehead, nose and chin. ER trip later she was ok. Im just not sure why I cant let this go ive been through worse, maybe because shes my first in 12 yrs?

AbbeysMom2013
by Nicole on Jul. 7, 2014 at 1:00 PM
I hold on to little things as well, when worse has happened. It's probably because you were standing right there. I find that I beat myself up a lot about what I could have done differently

Quoting beckyv1972:

Quoting AbbeysMom2013: About 11 months dd was pulling herself up at the coffee table. Dad was right next to her, but she slipped. She hit her head on the inside corner and had a instant L shaped bruise. Is puffed up instantly. We went to the er. I was mad at dh for a whole because he was sitting next to her. The er dr could tell I was a first time mom and her first real boo boo.

Yea this is nothing compared to what my oldest did to her sister when they were little. I was vacuuming the floor and had my youngest daughter in a bouncer on the couch (never do that again), she was not even a mnth old and her older sister which was a toddler must of tried to get her out of the bouncer and tipped it over. Long story short the baby hit the coffee table and had a mark from her forehead, nose and chin. ER trip later she was ok. Im just not sure why I cant let this go ive been through worse, maybe because shes my first in 12 yrs?

beckyv1972
by on Jul. 7, 2014 at 1:03 PM

Quoting AbbeysMom2013: I hold on to little things as well, when worse has happened. It's probably because you were standing right there. I find that I beat myself up a lot about what I could have done differently
Quoting beckyv1972:

I wasnt even this way over the bouncer incident and it was clearly my fault for putting her on the couch in it. Thank you for reply, sometimes it helps to hear other incidents.

cassie241986
by Cassandra on Jul. 7, 2014 at 5:57 PM
Dd was about 10 months old when she fell off her mawmaws couch and hit her head on the coffee table. She had a huge bruise on the side of her head. I was so mad but accidents happen even when your standing right beside them.
cabrandy03
by Brandy - Admin on Jul. 7, 2014 at 6:04 PM
2 moms liked this
Babies and toddlers get hurt, don't beat yourself up over it.
KylesMom409
by Linnette on Jul. 7, 2014 at 7:44 PM
I don't remember DS's first boo boo.
christina122952
by on Jul. 7, 2014 at 8:08 PM
I don't remember when my daughter first booboo.
Alexsi1
by Alexandra on Jul. 7, 2014 at 9:09 PM

DS was a little over a year old: he was running, tripped and hit his ear on the corner of our couch. I was home alone with him and had my back turned and walking into our bedroom to get ready to go to work. He had a nasty bruise on the top of his ear for a few days. I cried on my way in to work.

melliburger
by Melli on Jul. 7, 2014 at 11:30 PM

I don't remember. I felt bad but accidents happen.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement