Baby's Firsts

From their first smiles to their first steps, we're here to celebrate all of your little one's milestones.

How to tell my parents........

Posted by   + Show Post

My parents want to take Jake & Colton to DC next year. My dad thinks Jake will love all the museums and sites... he'll be 3 when we go. I am thinking he could careless lol Yeah he likes anything with wheels and dinasours but I dont think he'd be into walking in the museums. I tried telling my dad but he got all pissy and so did my mom.

I told them I didnt mind going but we have to go at his pace and that he might not be into everything since he will only be 3.

Was there a better way I should have told them?

Proud mommy of 1 special angel and 2 boys :-)
by on Jul. 7, 2014 at 1:00 PM
Replies (11-14):
KylesMom409
Well, Kyle had his first sleepover last night at his friend's house and it was successful! :) Can't wait to hear all about it when I pick him up.
Today at 9:27 AM
by Linnette on Jul. 7, 2014 at 7:48 PM
Great advice.

Quoting LoveMyBug2013:

The dinosaur exhaibt is closed for 5 years.  There are trains at American History and of course the airplanes at Air and Space.  The botanical garden (greenhouse) is nice.  The zoo is great--that's a few miles from downtown. 

The main museums are not very toddler friendly and the ones that are are not downtown and have admissions fees. 

DC is crazy hot and humid and nasty in the summer and freezing in the winter.  Summer is also extremely crowded with tourists.

Sadly, we haven't taken Bug to anything because I spend all week downtown and don't want to come down and pay for parking and deal with the chaos in the summer.

melliburger
by Melli on Jul. 7, 2014 at 11:28 PM

I don't think so. You know your son best, and if you don't think he'll be interested, then you should've told them and you did!

Alexsi1
by Alexandra on Jul. 8, 2014 at 7:46 AM
I think you did the right thing. Maybe one day you could take DS to a place he would enjoy and they can do what they want?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SCL_HF
by Court on Jul. 8, 2014 at 3:02 PM

I think you did it just right. :) Honesty is always the best policy. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement