Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Won't take any advice!

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:37 AM
  • 13 Replies
  • 372 Total Views

Anyone have someone in their life that won't take advice? I'm talking relationship, career, child, pregnancy, healthy...anything! 

Tell me your stories!

Come join me at these other fantastic groups:
Romance Reading Mommas (Owner), Mainstream Moms (Admin), and Baby's Firsts (Mod)

by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MomToovey
by Marianne - Admin on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:00 PM

Not that I can think of. I do know some friends who know people like that, but as far as I know (which isn't very far these days!) none of my friends are like that.

SCL_HF
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:16 PM

Lucky Momma! Everyone just knows you're brilliant and they better listen up :D

Quoting MomToovey:

Not that I can think of. I do know some friends who know people like that, but as far as I know (which isn't very far these days!) none of my friends are like that.

MomToovey
by Marianne - Admin on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:39 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL, or they don't tell me their problems so I can't try to give them advice!

Quoting SCL_HF:

Lucky Momma! Everyone just knows you're brilliant and they better listen up :D

Quoting MomToovey:

cabrandy03
by Brandy - Group Owner on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:47 PM
1 mom liked this
Not in real life but I've come across SOE ladies like that here on cm.
WILDCATGAL78
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:53 PM

I have one friend like that. She is pregnant with her first child and a diabetic like I am. She is soooo dramatic about everything! I am trying to be supportive but there are lots of things I wouldn't do like announce I am pregnant for the world to see on FB at 3-4 weeks pregnant.

SCL_HF
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:53 PM

So sad! :( Especially when you know they are struggling and that you MAY be able to help! 

Quoting cabrandy03: Not in real life but I've come across SOE ladies like that here on cm.

SCL_HF
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Same here. I have a first time pregnant friend that is firmly set in her mindset that she has it all figured out and she is totally prepared. Anytime I give her advice it's "Oh no...that won't happen with us, I'm just going to (fill in the blank)." or "Well, MY child won't be doing (fill in the blank) so that won't be a problem at all."

All I can do is keep my mouth on lock down and wait for the inevitable lol

Quoting WILDCATGAL78:

I have one friend like that. She is pregnant with her first child and a diabetic like I am. She is soooo dramatic about everything! I am trying to be supportive but there are lots of things I wouldn't do like announce I am pregnant for the world to see on FB at 3-4 weeks pregnant.

KylesMom409
by Linnette - Admin on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:41 PM
Same here 😞

Quoting cabrandy03: Not in real life but I've come across SOE ladies like that here on cm.
melliburger
by Melli on Jul. 24, 2014 at 12:18 AM
1 mom liked this

A few. I stopped talking to them eventually because they had other fualts and were toxic.

sapphyre_rose
by on Jul. 24, 2014 at 12:52 AM
1 mom liked this
Not that I can think of right now.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)