• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Overthinking... please help!

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:48 AM
  • 11 Replies
  • 311 Total Views

So I'm really over thinking this and ended up not sleeping. Jake is going to the pool for the first time today. I'm going with but I'll have Colton with me as well. My parents invited us along. I am more than a little nervous. My mom will have my nephew, my dad will be in the bigger pool and my brother.. well he will either stay home or just not be around. Anyway. I'm scared and super nervous. I can't be with Jake, I have a floater but he will not want to be in it if he sees my nephew out of one. I really dont know what to do.

I hate doing things for the first time lol Oh and my husband will be at work so this just makes me being nervous worse.

Ok so everything went good. He took to water like a fish. It was great :)

by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Alexsi1
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:24 AM

That's a tough one. How old is your nephew? Maybe you and your mom could take turns: like one person stay out of the pool with the baby and the other one go in the pool with Jake and the nephew, depending on if he's old enough. 

KylesMom409
by Linnette - Admin on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:25 AM
Here's a hug! It's normal to feel that way when it's your child doing something for the first time, especially when it comes to going in the pool.
MomToovey
by Marianne - Admin on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:34 AM

Can the nephew and Jake play together? That way, if your mom is there, she can watch both of them. And the two of you can take turns, one stay in the water with the boys for a bit while the other waits with baby, and then you two can switch.

Good luck! I totally get being nervous, I was always nervous doing something with DD for the first time (still am!) and to add another life to care for in the mix, yeah, stressful for sure!

cassie241986
by Cassandra on Jul. 25, 2014 at 11:04 AM
I always over think firsts also. I hope everything works out.
SCL_HF
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 11:07 AM

I so so so feel you on doing new things with the LOs. I'm always running through the worst case scenarios in my mind and, about 50% of the time, I end up not going. It just seems easier. However, when we DO go, DS always surprises us! Just keep a cool head and talk him through how much fun the floater is and make a big deal out of having tons of fun in it. :)

Good luck Momma! Let us know how it goes! :D

cabrandy03
by Brandy - Group Owner on Jul. 25, 2014 at 1:39 PM
As long as you and your mom are both there watching I'm sure everything will be fine. Does he have a life jacket or arm floaties or some sort of floaty he can't accidently slide out of?
melliburger
by Melli on Jul. 26, 2014 at 2:01 AM

I hope it goes well!!

JRSMOM0621
by Bronze Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 8:20 AM

My nephew is 3 and Jake is always wanting to be right up his (nephew) butt lol He copys everything my nephew does.

Quoting Alexsi1:

That's a tough one. How old is your nephew? Maybe you and your mom could take turns: like one person stay out of the pool with the baby and the other one go in the pool with Jake and the nephew, depending on if he's old enough. 

JRSMOM0621
by Bronze Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 8:21 AM

Yep turns out I was worrying about nothing lol Jake took to water like a fish! loved it and thankfully stayed in that float thing we bought when he was 1

Quoting SCL_HF:

I so so so feel you on doing new things with the LOs. I'm always running through the worst case scenarios in my mind and, about 50% of the time, I end up not going. It just seems easier. However, when we DO go, DS always surprises us! Just keep a cool head and talk him through how much fun the floater is and make a big deal out of having tons of fun in it. :)

Good luck Momma! Let us know how it goes! :D

JRSMOM0621
by Bronze Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 8:22 AM

one of those float things that you sit them in. We got it for him when he was one and thankfully he still fits in it.

Quoting cabrandy03: As long as you and your mom are both there watching I'm sure everything will be fine. Does he have a life jacket or arm floaties or some sort of floaty he can't accidently slide out of?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)