• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Feeling less needed :(

Posted by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 11:51 PM
  • 25 Replies
  • 525 Total Views
Dd has decided she no longer wants to bed rocked to sleep .... She just wants to be laid in her crib with her blanket and bunny. Although I'm proud of her, I am also a dad momma at the same time.
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 11:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
melliburger
by Melli on Aug. 11, 2014 at 12:25 AM

:( It's a bittersweet moment

booaura
by Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 12:26 AM
Those moments are veey bittersweet. You're happy and proud that they're growing up, but you're sad about them no longer being your baby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sapphyre_rose
by on Aug. 11, 2014 at 12:28 AM
Aww same with my daughter
kzoboe
by on Aug. 11, 2014 at 12:31 AM

This.  I love my grown-up sons, but sometimes I miss my little boys.....

Take pictures, write journals, even just notes on your calendar so you remember.  Enjoy your little ones!

Quoting booaura: Those moments are veey bittersweet. You're happy and proud that they're growing up, but you're sad about them no longer being your baby.

booaura
by Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 12:34 AM
My oldest is only four, but he starts kindergarten this fall, and he's just so grown up already :( I miss my baby. But, I do have almost every moment documented!

Quoting kzoboe:

Take pictures, write journals, even just notes on your calendar so you remember.  Enjoy your little ones!

Quoting booaura: Those moments are veey bittersweet. You're happy and proud that they're growing up, but you're sad about them no longer being your baby.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AbbeysMom2013
by Nicole - Admin on Aug. 11, 2014 at 12:34 AM
I know .... I miss my baby

Quoting melliburger:

AbbeysMom2013
by Nicole - Admin on Aug. 11, 2014 at 12:36 AM
1 mom liked this
Exactly!!!!

AbbeysMom2013
by Nicole - Admin on Aug. 11, 2014 at 12:37 AM
I do make sure to write it all down just because it's going by way to fast.

Quoting kzoboe:

KylesMom409
by Linnette - Admin on Aug. 11, 2014 at 7:10 AM
So bittersweet. DS is only 7 and he's already not wanting to give me a kiss and hug goodbye at school when I drop him off if there's anyone else around to see! 😞 I want to give him as many hugs and kisses as I can before he totally doesn't want them anymore!
LoveMyBug2013
by on Aug. 11, 2014 at 7:21 AM

Now you understand why we got pregnant again so quickly :)  Once he started running around and exerting independence I missed having a baby around.

Quoting AbbeysMom2013: I know .... I miss my baby
Quoting melliburger:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)