• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Holiday Card

Posted by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 1:24 AM
  • 31 Replies
  • 1098 Total Views

I admit that I've only mailed out one photo holiday card when DD #1 had her first Chrstmas, three years ago.  I really need to do one this year with both girls.  I am debating to go to a photo studio and have it done or just go to a nice park and try to get some good shots in. 

Are you sending one out this year and if so, have you done your picture yet?

by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 1:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bhwrn1
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 5:39 AM

We do them every year. Picture ones. I take a picture on Thanksgiving and then send that out as a card.

KelliansMom
by Darbie - Head Admin on Nov. 4, 2014 at 7:46 AM
1 mom liked this
We send out cards every year but we don't send pictures every year.
Alexsi1
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:06 AM
1 mom liked this

We want to this year but not sure if we will get around to it. We didn't do them last year.

othermom
by Bronze Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:44 AM
1 mom liked this

I do send christmas card, not usually picture ones unless I can find a great deal to make some

TigerofMu
by Sonja on Nov. 4, 2014 at 11:01 AM

I usually get some free ones from Shutterfly where I compile good pics of the family throughout the year, but I send them as regular cards.  For Christmas I send out personalized cards that I write notes in and sign, and a little newsletter, which is mostly updated pictures of the kids.  It's a lot cheaper since I do a bulk deal with the library and bring my own paper. 

othermom
by Bronze Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 11:47 AM
1 mom liked this

If we do one this year. This is the picture I will use.

JessiFaye
by Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 11:48 AM

I am ordering our cards from Shutterfly when we get paid on Friday. :) It's my son's first Christmas, so ours just have pictures of him on them from his Christmas shoot we did. No family picture.

Reese2010727
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 11:48 AM
1 mom liked this

We always do and we'll be taking pics around Thanksgiving.

cabrandy03
by Brandy - Group Owner on Nov. 4, 2014 at 3:40 PM
I'm hoping to do photo cards this year. My MIL pays for us to get family photos done every November as a Christmas gift for us so as long as we do it again this year, I'll use a picture from that shoot.
SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Nov. 4, 2014 at 5:07 PM
1 mom liked this
We usually send out a simple photo card from Walmart or Shutterfly. I will use a family photo from the later half of the year, usually one we've taken at some sort of family adventure like a hike or a bike ride, etc.

Haven't chosen the photo yet this year.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)