Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby's First Words

Posted by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 4:00 AM
  • 41 Replies
  • 4946 Total Views

When I was about to have my second baby, people always told me that there would be a big diffferance between the first and the second. Little did I know until the time actually came.

The difference could really be seen in their first words. Son number one's first word was "mama" and son number two's first word was "again" followed by "stop." Both of those words were in direct response to thiings his brother was doing. The first, "again," was a request for his brother to do more funny dancing. The second, "stop," was meant as in "stop bothering me!"

These are both words that the son number one would have never thought to utter. It just goes to show how things really do change from first to second.

Moms, what was the biggest difference in the second baby from the first?

by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 4:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bhwrn1
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 5:35 AM

Both my first and second were late talkers. But once they started they didn't stop. My little one talked much earlier, needing to keep up with the older two!

bresmommy21
by Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 2:04 PM

Bre's first word was either horsey or naaaa (sound of a horse) we own horses and she was exposed to them at about 4 mnths on and loves them.

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Nov. 4, 2014 at 5:12 PM
Well I just have the one... :-)
cabrandy03
by Brandy - Group Owner on Nov. 4, 2014 at 7:56 PM
Just one kiddo here...
AbbeysMom2013
by Nicole - Admin on Nov. 4, 2014 at 8:58 PM
Only one so far her. but dh said she is so different than ss at this age.
mama2b100808
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 8:59 PM
My daughter said mama!
Whereismymind
by Silver Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:01 PM

My second actually spoke later than my first 

melliburger
by Melli on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:02 PM

I only  have one :)

cjsjellybean
by on Nov. 5, 2014 at 8:26 AM

Things happened a lot sooner!

cjsjellybean
by on Nov. 5, 2014 at 8:35 AM

That's interesting!!!  My oldest didn't start talking until closer to 2.5.  (She said single words but wasn't putting words together or trying to form sentences).  My second is going to be 2 a month from today and he is in the same spot as her. Just random words here and there, no stringing them together yet.  My third is just 7 weeks old so it will be interesting to see when she starts to talk.

Quoting bhwrn1:

Both my first and second were late talkers. But once they started they didn't stop. My little one talked much earlier, needing to keep up with the older two!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)