Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think my little guy is teething

Posted by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 2:54 PM
  • 16 Replies
  • 414 Total Views

Tristan has been running a low grade fever 99.0 to 100.0 for a little over a week now. I called the dr and was going to take him in but then I thought I was being dramatic like always so i cancelled it. My question is how long do babies run a fever when dealing with teething?

My MIL is confident that it's just teething and said to just get some Orajel or a frozen teething ring.

Thoughts?

by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 2:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JessiFaye
by Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 3:04 PM

It's possible that it's just teething, although my son only ever had a fever intermittently, not constantly. I like to knot up a washrag and stick it in the freezer for him to gnaw on. He seems to get more relief out of that than out of a normal teether. 

Always go with your gut, though. If you want him to get checked out, take him in! 

Alexsi1
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 3:06 PM

Babies often run fevers when teething, however since this has been going on over a week I would take him in.

KelliansMom
by Darbie - Head Admin on Nov. 4, 2014 at 4:24 PM
Teething fevers have always been low grade ones for my children. 99 For a day and then a tooth would pop. If it's been over 100 and for a few days I would say that's maybe a virus. Don't worry about over reacting when it comes to your kids. Follow your gut.
TigerofMu
by Sonja on Nov. 4, 2014 at 4:38 PM

Mine ran that fever for awhile.  It probably is teething, but go to the doctor if you're worried at all.  It'll put your fears at rest or help you get to the bottom of it if it's something else.

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Nov. 4, 2014 at 5:05 PM
Could you call your pediatrician's office and see what they say? A constant fever for a week seems like a long time, though I certainly agree that it could just be teething.

I also tend to be the mom who errs on the side of better safe than sorry when it comes to my kid's health.
AbbeysMom2013
by Nicole - Admin on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:03 PM
My dr is great that you can call or email and talk to a nurse. It is cold season. Dd we get an occasional fever while teething, but I would call your dr considering it's been a week.

I'm a worry wort, I generally take dd in to be told it's something like a common cold, or a virus they can do nothing about.
Whereismymind
by Silver Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:57 PM

I agree with the others, hope you get some answers and the fever breaks soon :)

melliburger
by Melli on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:03 PM

It could be teething. If your gut says it's something else, I would take him in.

KylesMom409
by Linnette - Admin on Nov. 5, 2014 at 8:04 PM
This.

Quoting Alexsi1:

Babies often run fevers when teething, however since this has been going on over a week I would take him in.

momofnatalie
by Lisa on Nov. 5, 2014 at 8:07 PM

I would definitely call and talk to the doctor and nurse to see if you need to bring your baby in.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)