Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New Year. New Milestones.

Posted by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 1:40 PM
  • 13 Replies
  • 599 Total Views
1 mom liked this

The New Year often makes us stop and reflect on all that we cherished during the year. The first years of a baby's life are filled with so much growing. Everything is new and we have the chance to re- live the wonder of the world through our child's eyes. From those first little noises to rolling over, sitting up and walking, your baby's early years are constantly moving forward.

I'd be lying if I said it wasn't bittersweet. I miss those days with my little rolly-poly babies.

Tomorrow we begin 2015 and we begin looking forward to all the promise of a New Year and the excitement  of new milestones. Milestones that we know are coming like teething, solid foods and baby's first birthday are expected. But the unexpected milestones are often the best. Baby's first night in a toddler bed, adding a new baby to the family or even saying goodbye to babyhood for good could be on the horizon.  Will you make new friends, re-connect with  old friends or strengthen relationships with good friends? The possibilities are endless.

I have thoroughly enjoyed writing posts for this group. I have learned about your babies, your joys and struggles with parenting and caught a glimpse of the community built here on this page. So as we ring in the New Year, I'd like to do something a bit different. I want to know what milestones you and your family are looking forward to in the coming year.  I'll start; I hope to be able to save enough to take my little family somewhere special this year. I am wishing for health and I am so excited to see my little guy start Kindergarten in the Fall. I am excited to watch my babies as they both leave babyhood behind in 2015. I'll probably cry an awful lot about that but it's ok. Life is full of new adventures, isn't it?

Now you. What are you looking forward to in the New Year? 

by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 1:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MistressMinerva
by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 2:18 PM

Looking forward to seeing my daughter and grandsons at the end of January.

cabrandy03
by Brandy - Group Owner on Dec. 31, 2014 at 2:23 PM
Looking forward to really getting homeschooling going with dd this year. We'll be starting a kindergarten curriculum in the fall.

WILDCATGAL78
by Silver Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 3:52 PM
I am starting a new job with the school district. My daughter will be 2 in Feb, but I mixed emotions about that. On hand, I am excited but I will miss the baby stage.
KylesMom409
by Linnette - Admin on Dec. 31, 2014 at 4:48 PM
Looking forward to our trips next year, as well as watching DS continue to do well in and enjoy school. ☺️
MistressMinerva
by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 4:55 PM

Going anywhere fun and exciting?

Quoting KylesMom409: Looking forward to our trips next year, as well as watching DS continue to do well in and enjoy school. ☺️
letstalk747
by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 8:54 PM

a vacation

my son grow

peace and harmony

momofnatalie
by Lisa on Dec. 31, 2014 at 9:21 PM

DD graduating from preschool and starting kindergarten. 

nngmommy83
by Bronze Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 11:44 PM
Hopefully a new job in a new career =) DD 1 will be starting high school! DD 2 will be turning 1 and DS will continue to be his awesome self!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Jan. 2, 2015 at 7:39 AM
Looking forward to all the growth a year will bring for all three of us... And the hope of planning a family vacation this summer. :-)
MomToovey
by Marianne - Admin on Jan. 3, 2015 at 5:22 PM

Yay! That's so exciting! Good luck!

Quoting cabrandy03: Looking forward to really getting homeschooling going with dd this year. We'll be starting a kindergarten curriculum in the fall.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)